Dry Stone Walling for Beginners - a two day course
Partnering with Billy McCallum of Drystane Dyking we are really pleased to offer this workshop at Cherry Tree Lodge.
What you will learn
You will learn to dismantle and rebuild a section of old or damaged wall and gain understanding of the techniques of: - laying out stones correctly when dismantling
- laying good foundations
- basic wall building skills: selecting stone; placing through-stones; correct packing; use of coverband; laying the coping stones
What you need to bring with you
- Warm, old clothing with a set of waterproofs just in case
- Stout shoes or boots preferably with steel toecaps. If you are wearing wellies then they must have toe protection
- Robust gloves - light garden gloves tend to wear out very quickly
- Eye Protection - there will be safety goggles available but most people prefer to bring their own
- Folding chair for breaks
What is included
- All other equipment and tools necessary for the course will be provided.
- expert tuition
- a delicious lunch and refreshments throughout. Each day starts at 9am and completes at 4pm.
Accommodation can be booked separately
You could make a weekend of it as there is also the option to stay overnight due to the venue also being a guest house/retreat space.
The cost of the two day course is £85. You can reserve your place by making a payment by card over the phone with Mark at Cherry Tree Lodge on 01383 851059 or 07940 421038.
You may also like the following events from Cherry Tree Lodge Fife: