* Please note this workshop is targeted at those working with the bereaved
* Booking is required
ADDICTION AND LOSS
Thursday 14 June 2018
Presenter: Eoin Stephens
Both the process of addiction and the process of recovery from addiction can be seen as having loss and grieving as central themes. This workshop will look at the psychological dynamics common to different addictions in relation to these inevitable themes of loss and grieving, with an emphasis on how clients may be practically helped to work through their particular loss issues.
On completion of the workshop participants will be able to:
• describe the main criteria which define an addictive attachment;
• outline the losses which occur as a result of the progression of an addiction;
• understand the necessity for the addictive attachment to be mourned in order for healthy recovery to take place;
• reflect on the possible role of earlier unresolved grief issues in the genesis of an addiction, and in recovery from the addiction.
Further information & booking details: http://bit.ly/2B2Wf3x
Any other queries, please call Iris Murray at the Irish Hospice Foundation on 01 679 3188 or email aXJpcyAhIG11cnJheSB8IGhvc3BpY2Vmb3VuZGF0aW9uICEgaWU=