You want to be up to speed on the latest research but don’t have time to get a PhD?
In this 2 day workshop Gil Barzilay, PhD will give you the goods!
Learn how research and evidence in Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture can serve as a real tool in the TCM clinic.
Registration includes very special offers:
- Healthy Seminars formerly Pro-D Seminars 25% discount code;
- 1 year EBA Connect membership (worth $79);
- ICCM Congress 2018 10% discount on Congress days.
EXTRA BONUS: on February 11th at 3:45pm there will be a Live Q&A Session (via Skype) with Mel Hopper Koppelman, Evidence Based Acupuncture Director.
Do not miss this amazing opportunity to learn more about:
- How research is conducted, both in Western Medicine and in Chinese Medicine;
- Why research in Chinese medicine is so important;
- How you can interpret and use the published research in your day to day clinical practice;
- The latest evidence in Chinese medicine in different therapeutic areas.
On Day 1 you will learn the basics of research in general, TCM research, looking for publications and assessing their value.
On Day 2 you will get to the "nitty gritty" and Dr Barzilay will review with you research publications in 10 therapeutic areas. All include mainly Acupuncture, but also Herbal Medicine, Nutrition, Gua Sha, Moxibustion and Cupping (where relevant). Topics included:
- Mechanism of action of acupuncture - how does it work?
- Shen - Insomnia, Depression, Anxiety
- Fertility and Gynaecology
- Menopause and Hot Flashes
- Chronic Fatigue and/or Fibromyalgia
- Respiratory - Asthma and Allergy, COPD
- Digestive System
- Pregnancy and Obstetrics
- Cost-Effectiveness of Acupuncture
- Treatment Guidelines
1. Understand why TCM research is important and how it serves as a real tool for us as therapists in our day-to-day:
a. In our daily practice (new protocols, supportive evidence);
b. Improve communication by discussing evidence with patients and with other professionals (both Western and Eastern medicine) who are not fully aware of TCM effectiveness or would like to know more on how it works;
2. Understand the basics of evidence-based medicine and clinical research - types of studies, methodologies, outcomes;
3. Understand the issues related to research in Chinese Medicine and how to interpret them (for example: sham acupuncture);
4. Be taught where to look for publications in TCM research, how to assess their value;
5. Receive a review of up-to-date 30-40 publications in approximately 10 therapeutic areas (see examples above).
This event is brought to you supported by Evidence Based Acupuncture with collaboration from the ICCM International Community for Chinese Medicine, and sponsorship by Healthy Seminars formerly Pro-D Seminars.
Registrants get a 25% discount code for ANY course on Healthy Seminars formerly Pro-D Seminars, one year EBA Connect membership worth $79, AND if any of our early bird registrants is going to the ICCM Congress 2018 (March 13th to 15th 2018, Tel Aviv, Israel), they will get a 10% discount on Congress days. These fantastic offers are exclusively for the EARLY BIRD only!
Remember: places are limited and after January 29th, full registration fee is €385 (discount codes and EBA Connect membership WILL NOT BE INCLUDED).
For registration, please visit: https://www.evidencebasedacupuncture.org/events/dublin2018