++++Please be on time. Slings MUST be returned at 10:30 sharp++++
From September the meets will be back to last Tuesday of the month.
Make sure to have the directions before coming as I won`t be able to answer the phone for directions. The entrance to the industrial estate were the center is, is from Distillery road. After entering Distillery road drive/walk straight til the end of the street. Once there you will see a little bridge bringing you into the industrial estate. The community center is on the right. Park at the parking of the community center as they clamp inside the industrial estate.
Make sure to be able to open links on the phone. Links also posted in the discussion in case you cannot open them.
Link for electronic sling hire:
Link to hire T&C, please read if you are planning to hire a sling:
Sling Meets – Come to Chat and Find out About Slings and Babywearing
Babywearing Ireland (BWI) Sling Meets are peer-to-peer support meetings, facilitated by
volunteers who are experienced babywearers. Peer-to-peer means that all those attending the
meet help out each other, share their experience, maybe even their slings. Facilitate means that
our volunteers provide a space for the meeting to take place and are available to share
Sling Meets are a place where you
- can chat and learn about slings and babywearing,
- can get information about safe babywearing,
- can hear other people's and share your own experience about using slings,
- can ask questions you may have about day-to-day life with slings,
- can see short demos of different slings,
- may get a chance to try on slings,
- may be able to rent slings for a small fee at the end of the meet,
- learn about other babywearing resources
Sling Meets are not workshops or a safe space for in-depth advice and instruction/teaching. It is
not possible for any BWI volunteer to give detailed instruction or professional advice at a BWI sling