Developing a Sexual Health Policy: Best Practice in Sexual Health Promotion
This one day course is a follow on from the Delay/B4udecide training or other sexual health courses. It aims to strengthen the organisational environment for the delivery of sexual health programmes and will consider the development of policy and good practice. Participants will receive a copy of the Sense and Sexuality resource and a copy of 'TRUST' - Talking Relationships Understanding Sexuality Teaching pack.
This course supports the objectives of the National Sexual Health Strategy 2015- 2020; with particular reference to Goal 1: Sexual Health promotion, education and prevention where “everyone living in Ireland will receive comprehensive and age-appropriate sexual health education and/or information and will have access to appropriate prevention and promotion services.”
*available on demand or tailored*
· To examine the context for addressing the sexual health needs of young people
· To discuss the role of organisations in relation to this work
· To examine the support needs of workers and organisations in the area of sexual health
· To identify rationale and process for policy development
· To explore good practice with regard to sexual health education programmes
Youth workers within organisations with an interest in promoting health, or organisations who want to build on and sustain their Health Quality Mark.
Minimum of 16 and maximum of 22 participants
When: Tuesday February 12th
Where: Youth Work Ireland, Dominic Street
You may also like the following events from National Youth Council of Ireland:
Liked this event? Spread the word :