Cricket Leinster Area Welcome to Coaching Course
*Update 3/3/18* - This course has been postponed because of the weather, until the 25th March 2018 at the same venue and at the same times. We apologise for any inconvenience but with the weather and travel conditions, we didn't want to take any chances. Hopefully see you on the 25th March!
The Cricket Ireland Welcome to Coaching Course is a starting point for people to get into Coaching. The one-day course is ideal for Primary/Secondary School Teachers, volunteers, assistant coaches within junior club teams. Most Head Coaches for teams in clubs would be UKCC Level 2 qualified (which is the next step from a Welcome to Coaching course).
- Participants would be expected to develop their own coaching practices, principles and philosophies on coaching.
- Further development of small-sided games and drills specific to cricket.
- Offers options on the ‘type of practice’ that can be done e.g. fixed, variable, game-based learning.
- Develops understanding to the needs of the players.
- Raises awareness of dealing with poor behaviour.
- Shows coaches how to deliver 60 minute long sessions.
- Introduces coaches to the “Coach’s Toolbox” e.g. Instruct, Explain, Demonstrate, Analyse, Evaluate, Feedback, Questions, Praise.
- Resources and follow up notes emailed to the participants following the course.
- Cricket Ireland Certificate on completion.
Venue: St Marys College, 71-73 Rathmines Road Lower, Rathmines, Dublin 6.
Dates: Sunday 4th March 2018.
Time: 915am arrival for a 930am start; 430pm finish.
Minimum Age: Participants to be 16 years old or older.
Equipment required: Sportswear and trainers as you’ll be taking part in cricket drills, games and exercises (injury / health permitting) - Cricket Ireland will provide all the cricket specific equipment that is needed on the course. Bring a pen and a notepad as well if you would like to take down some notes on the day.
Also check out other Sports Events in Dublin, Health & Wellness Events in Dublin.
Liked this event? Spread the word :