Cricket Leinster Area Welcome to Coaching Course
The Cricket Ireland Welcome to Coaching Course is a starting point for people to get into Coaching. The one-day course is ideal for Primary/Secondary School Teachers, volunteers, assistant coaches within junior club teams. Most Head Coaches for teams in clubs would be UKCC Level 2 qualified (which is the next step from a Welcome to Coaching course).
- Participants would be expected to develop their own coaching practices, principles and philosophies on coaching.
- Further development of small-sided games and drills specific to cricket.
- Offers options on the ‘type of practice’ that can be done e.g. fixed, variable, game-based learning.
- Develops understanding to the needs of the players.
- Raises awareness of dealing with poor behaviour.
- Shows coaches how to deliver 60 minute long sessions.
- Introduces coaches to the “Coach’s Toolbox” e.g. Instruct, Explain, Demonstrate, Analyse, Evaluate, Feedback, Questions, Praise.
- Resources and follow up notes emailed to the participants following the course.
- Cricket Ireland Certificate on completion.
Venue: St Marys College, 71-73 Rathmines Road Lower, Rathmines, Dublin 6.
Dates: Sunday 4th March 2018.
Time: 915am arrival for a 930am start; 430pm finish.
Minimum Age: Participants to be 16 years old or older.
Equipment required: Sportswear and trainers as you’ll be taking part in cricket drills, games and exercises (injury / health permitting) - Cricket Ireland will provide all the cricket specific equipment that is needed on the course. Bring a pen and a notepad as well if you would like to take down some notes on the day.
You may also like the following events from Cricket Ireland Coaches' Association:
Also check out other Sports Events in Dublin
, Health & Wellness Events in Dublin
Liked this event? Spread the word :