Our next free family educational trip is to the National Coal Mining Museum in Wakefield!⛏
Pick up at 9.30am from Stainforth 4 ALL Community Library, Church Road, Stainforth, Doncaster, DN7 5PW. Drop off at the same place at 3.30pm.
This is a free trip but we require £5 deposit per person (including children) to book a place. This will be returned on the day of the trip. Spaces are a first come first served basis. We cannot save spaces unless we have received a deposit. Do this by popping into the library.
*Children must be accompanied by their guardian and please take note this is a family trip aimed at children. The maximum ratio is 2 adults per 1 child*
What's at the National Mining Museum?
- Underground Tour
- Meet a Miner who will guide you on an unforgettable underground adventure at Caphouse Colliery.
- Spend the whole day here & learn about the history of coal mining and the science behind it
- Visiting the ponies in the Stables
- Trying out the interactive displays at Hope Pit
- Exploring the Nature Trail
- Being creative with the art cart
- Getting hands-on in the Mining Lives Gallery
- Letting off steam in the fantastic new adventure playground
- Plus there's an indoor play area 'Little Diggers' for Under 5's
discover the whole 45-acre site using our free iSPY app
To find out more visit their website: https://www.ncm.org.uk/