AMPS-2 Workshop 1 Interpretation and Documentation workshops are intended to build on AMPS skills developed from using the evaluation tool with clients in any area of clinical practice or research. Many occupational therapists attending an AMPS course focus mainly on administering and scoring the AMPS. Later as skills in administering the assessment increase a need to learn more about interpreting, reporting and documenting AMPS results is needed. These two separate but linked follow up Workshops are intended to fill this gap.
The second Workshop is intended to provide an opportunity for occupational therapists to work through the interpretation and documentation process using the AMPS reports and documentation from one of their own clients as their case study.
Following attendance at the AMPS-2 Workshop 1, participants will:
• Review skills in administering and scoring the AMPS and generating AMPS reports
• Review the OTIPM (Occupational Therapy Intervention Process Model) and where the AMPS and interpretation of assessments is placed in the occupational therapy process
• Interpret the AMPS ability measures reported on the AMPS graphic report from criterion and norm-based perspectives
• Write goals and baseline statements using the AMPS graphic report, the need for assistance to live in the community and documenting the results
• Use the AMPS reports to plan and guide occupational therapy interventions
Following attendance at AMPS-2 Workshop 2, participants will be able to:
• Interpret the AMPS ability measures reported on their clients AMPS graphic report from criterion and norm-based perspectives
• Write goals and baseline statements for their client using the AMPS graphic report, the quality criteria and need for assistance information
• Document AMPS assessment information and results using the AMPS graphic and other reports using their own work-based documentation format
• Plan an occupation-based intervention for their client using the OTIPM
AMPS- participants will bring to the workshop
• A complete (blank) set of your workplace documentation used for clients
• Your AMPS manuals (7th or 8th edition), you will also require the latest OTAP software
• Your i-pad, tablet or laptop for creating a set of documentation (or good old paper & pen)
CPD certificate of attendance awarded: 12 hours (for both days).
Limited funded places may be available for AHP’s working for the NHS within the East Midlands.
About The Host: We are an event management department part of University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS Foundation Trust that aims to provide high quality, affordable & accessible training for healthcare professionals from all disciplines.
Website Link: http://www.ncore.org.uk
Nearby HotelsLondon Road Community Hospital, Derby, UK, Derby, United Kingdom