::: Old School Beer Fest- Delray Beach
OLD SCHOOL BEERFEST
to benefit FREE Friday Concerts @ the Pavilion
CRAFT BEERS. LIVE MUSIC. FOOD TRUCKS. BAR
When: Saturday, April 21, 2012; 4-8 pm
Where: Old School Square Entertainment Pavilion (under tent) and Park
Why: Old School Square’s inaugural FREE FRIDAY CONCERT SERIES ran from October through December 2011, with 12 consecutive concerts showcasing a “mix of music for the masses” and featuring some of South Florida’s best bands. This highly successful series drew an estimated 20,000 people. It is scheduled to return in October 2012 and run through January 2013 with 16 consecutive concerts. Proceeds from Old School BeerFest will support these outdoor concerts.
Attendance: TICKETS WILL BE LIMITED TO 1500 (GA) & 200 (VIP)
21 and over only.
$30 (advance) $40 (gate)
$75 (VIP-advance) $85 (VIP-gate)
This event will offer an upbeat, casual experience for folks who enjoy craft beers, outdoor concerts and appreciate a more intimate setting. We expect to draw a diverse audience in both age and ethnicity. Our ticket price points are a bit higher than the average beerfest to draw a more sophisticated attendee.
Promotion: Press releases, newspaper, promo cards, posters, e-blasts, social media, OSS website, event website
· CRAFT BEER TASTING - 50 BEERS! - Craft beers are VERY popular among beer connoisseurs and others! Our BeerFest will be a step up from lower priced beer events and a departure from the ordinary.
· LIVE MUSIC - We have booked The Resolvers, an alternative reggae band with a huge South Florida following and are in the process of booking a second South Florida band.
· 10 FOOD TRUCKS - Thanks to the success of our fall outdoor concert series, we have great relationships with the best food trucks in South Florida offering gourmet street cuisine. ( Food price points $6-$15.)
· BAR - Old School Square will operate a cash bar offering wine for the non-beer drinkers, craft beers, sodas, water, and signature cocktail.
· VIP AREA - The VIP area, sponsored by the Delray Beach Marriott, will offer complimentary food and beverage, including craft beer/food pairings; wine, signature cocktail, a Brew Master Presentation; seating; access to indoor facilities and other perks. Limit of 200 people.
About Old School Square:
Old School Square is an award-winning cultural center and National Historic Site with beautifully restored, early 20th century school buildings housing a museum, theatre, vintage gymnasium and a school of art and photography. By combining historic preservation and the arts, Old School Square was the catalyst for the 1990’s renaissance of downtown Delray Beach, now regarded as one of the hottest destinations in the southeastern U.S. As Delray’s cultural center, Old School Square is a community gathering place for a diverse schedule of events. The charming Cornell Museum of Art & American Culture (c. 1913) presents rotating local, national and international exhibits of fine art, crafts and pop culture. The intimate, 323-seat Crest Theatre (c. 1925) presents world-class musical theatre, dance, comedy, Broadway cabaret and lectures. The Entertainment Pavilion (completed in 2002) presents outdoor concerts, community events and hosts all of Delray’s major festivals.
Liked this event? Spread the word :