Agile Boot Camp in Dallas, TX on Mar 25th-27th 2019
Scrum, Extreme Programming, Lean, Feature Driven Development and other methods each have their strengths. While there are significant similarities under the Agile umbrella, each method brings specific tools for team success. Rarely do organizations adopt one methodology in its pure form. Rather, success is achieved by combining best practices.
In this three-day Agile Boot Camp, you will put the skills, tools and techniques you are taught to work. The classroom will be broken up into Agile teams and an expert instructor will drive each team through the Agile process: from vision down to daily planning and execution. Your instructor will answer questions with real-world experience, as all of our instructors have Agile experience “in the trenches.” You will leave the class with practical knowledge and a clear roadmap for success.
● Structure a team with generalizing specialists so the team can develop working software incrementally.
● Practice and maintain a regular cadence when delivering working software each iteration.
● Follow the team approach; start as a team, finish as a team — and focus on delivering value to the organization.
● Gain knowledge and understanding of Agile principles and why they are so important for each team.
● Embrace the five levels of planning and recognize the value of continuous planning.
● Build a backlog of prioritized and estimated user stories that provides emergent requirements for analysis and foster customer engagement and understanding.
● Engage in more effective estimating (story points) and become more accurate by being less precise.
● Create accurate Agile release plans that connect you back to business expectations – including hard date commitments and fixed price models.
Agile Introduction and Overview
● Why Agile
● Agile Methods
● Agile Benefits
● Agile Basics - understanding the lingo
Forming the Agile Team
● Team Roles
● Process Expectations
● Self organizing teams - where flexibility exists
● Communication - inside and out
● Five Levels of Planning in Agile
● Importance of Product Vision
● Creating and communicating vision
Focus on the Customer
● User Roles
● Customer Personas
● Customer Participation
Creating a Product Backlog
● User Stories
● Acceptance Tests
● What makes a good story (sizing and substance)
● Story Writing Workshop
● Product Themes
● Importance of Focus
● Creating the Roadmap
● Maintaining the Roadmap
Prioritizing the Product Backlog
● Methods for prioritizing
● Building Trust
● Expectations for prioritizing stories
● Actual vs Relative estimating
● Story Points
● Planning Poker
● Estimating Team velocity
● Utilizing velocity
● Continuous Integration
● Regular cadence
● Getting to the details
● Keeping cadence
● Task breakdown
● Time estimates
● Definition of "done"
● Active participation
● Collaboration - value individuals and interactions
– Daily Standup (Scrum)
Measuring and Communicating Progress
● Actual effort and remaining effort
● Burndown charts
● Tools and Reporting
● Your company specific measures
Iteration Review and Demo
● Iteration Review
● Demos - a change from the past
● What we did well
● What did not go so well
● What will we improve
Bringing it All Together
● Process Overview
● Team Roadmap
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Open mind and lots of energy
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Email: aW5mbyB8IG1hbmdhdGVzICEgY29t PH: +1 469 666 9332
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, you may transfer your ticket to other participants 7 days prior to the class.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes, you will be able to change your e-mail or name during the class.
What is the refund policy?
Please refer to: www.mangates.com
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Yes, we will be able to change it during the class.
For more details: Mangates
You may also like the following events from Mangates:
- This Tuesday, 16th April, 09:00 am, Technical Writing Training Cleveland, OH Apr 16th-19th 2019 in Cleveland
- This Tuesday, 16th April, 09:00 am, Business Analyst Boot Camp in Portland, OR on Apr 16th-19th 2019 in Portland
- This Tuesday, 16th April, 09:00 am, Business Analyst Boot Camp in Columbia, MD on Apr 16th-19th 2019 in Columbia