“IT’S JUST ROCK N ROLL” LIVE SHOWCASE
CALLOW YOUTH | CITYLIGHTZ |
ROADSIDE | WHITE FLAG DARES | SOUTHPAW | THE LATHUMS
Plus DJs till late
COVENTRY EMPIRE / SAT 7th SEPT 2019
Tickets £15adv / Doors 7pm (bands start at 7.30pm) – Late
14+ show (under 18s must be accompanied by an adult)
Credit Card Line 0370 4444400
Arguably the most hotly tipped young band to emerge out of Manchester in the past year, Callow Youth are a bunch of 18-year-old upstarts whose catchy, melodic, original songs belie their age.
Having played their first gig in May 2018, just a year after forming from scratch, the lads recently sold out their first Manchester headline show in 4 hours.
Their February debut single “Did It Really Matter?” achieved single of the week on XS Manchester.
Comments from first time fans include:
“Callow Youth show that Rock ’n’ Roll is in safe hands”
Callow Youth come to the Empire on the back of their first festival appearance in summer 2019
Live Video: -
CALLOW YOUTH Line Up:
• Alfie Turner - Vocals, Guitar,
• Tom Hilton - Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals,
• Nathan Wrigley - Bass Guitar, Backing Vocals,
• Connor Wilkinson - Drums, Backing Vocals
Receiving comparisons to everyone from The Streets to Arctic Monkeys, Citylightz hit you with huge pop hooks, indie rock rhythms and classic lyrical storytelling. The third single release from the band sees them continue to grow from strength to strength, building a rabid following that has a hefty appetite for the hybrid of sounds that Citylightz are serving up.
Following heavy support form BBC Introducing West Midlands and fresh from supporting Alabama, SHOTTY HORROH and TheLafontaines, not to mention racking up over 30,000 streams of their debut single “Don’t Know Me”, Citylightz latest release see them explore the tale of the sheer embodiment of anti-social behavior in “Tim”. This angsty, anthemic ruckus draws from the band’s wide influences from Oasis, Guns n Roses to Stormzy. From the tongue in cheek hip hop delivery to the roaring guitar solo and stadium rock crescendo.
Citylightz show no sign of slowing down as they will release their debut album, one track at a time for the next 12 months in order to continue to build momentum and unravel their debut to the world, one unique track at a time.
The single will be out worldwide on November 30th and you can experience Citylightz live on January 5th headlining the legendary Birmingham o2Academy 3.
“TIM is a song that just sort of happened … it bought out the yamp in us. TIM is just there in all of us! When we’re driving, and someone cuts you up …TIM. When someone pushes in front of you at the shops…TIM. When you’ve just woke up on the wrong side of the bed… TIM. We didn’t find TIM…TIM found us!”
• roadside are a 4 piece Indie band from Plymouth , Devon
• Sam Davey (vocals) , Colin Dower (lead guitar/backing vocals), Steve Moore (bass guitar) , Jamie Alger (Drums)
• Formed in 2008
• Initially started as a song writing project then pressured into organising a gig by friends and family which was received very well and decided to raise profile
• Recorded 4 live tracks and used as a demo
• By 2010 was invited to play as support to Wonder Stuff and to appear in large local festivals Ivylive and Volksfest
• By 2012 was locally established and decided to venture to national circuit and recorded first single together for official release .
• The single ’Give It Up’ was done as a project to raise money for charity also and it was coincided with a video
• Single gained lots of national airplay and a recognition from BBC unsigned which in turn resulted in extensive gigging
• In 2014 a change of direction and it was decided to have a break from gigging to be creative and to get a lot more material together to go for a similar push but to have extra material at hand to follow up with .
• Single ‘Disarm’ release date is confirmed as September 3rd 2017 – DISARM music video released at same time, to great acclaim
• Launch coincided with gig in home town of Plymouths city centre on September 2nd with the video being showcased on the big screen situated there – another first
• Album “I don’t know what it is but...” , although finished , the release date is yet to be confirmed will probably be spring / summer ‘19 followed by national touring
• Videos in production for further single releases , one in animation and another using 360 degree technology
WHITE FLAG DARES
Formed in 2018, White Flag Dares are collective of musicians from Birmingham, with varied musical backgrounds to create bold and exciting universal music. The live line up consists of energetic principal songwriter Samuel Rogers (Vocals/Guitar), beatboxing hype-man Rich FX (Beats), Chris Moulton (Bass) and Jack Mansell (Guitar).
They released their debut EP 'We Dare Ya!' in September 2018, and track 'In Our World' was featured on BBC Introducing. and have dropped new their latest single 'Little Shorty' in May 2019.
Southpaw are a three piece alternative indie rock band hailing from Leeds. Southpaw combine rappy vocals, fast paced punky guitar, funky bass lines and blistering drums to create a sound BBC introducing's Christian Carlisle says is "impossible to ignore". Southpaw are Khalil Adesanya (Singer/Guitarist), Tyler Savage (Bassist) and Jason Eaton (Drummer)