Kindness Makes You Happy and Happiness Makes You Kind:
This workshop is offered with the intention of gathering a group of like-minded people together at the beginning of 2019 to set the stage for a beautiful year ahead. It is an alternative to some other activities that are available over the festive season.
The theme for this special day is Kindness and how to become more consciously kind in all of our endeavours. It will be a fun day, with presentation, discussion, mindfulness, vision board creation, good company and good food.
Come to the heart of County Wicklow and enjoy the garden of Ireland.
We will begin with a cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate to ease into the workshop.
Homemade Soup with Brown Bread and a delicious light lunch will also be provided.
12.30pm-6pm Cost 75 euro
7 reasons why kindness matters
Research shows that repeated acts of kindness:
1. Makes you happier.
2. Improves your immune system and health.
3. Lowers the rate of depression .
4. Makes you feel more creative.
5. Causes employees to want to work harder for employers.
6. Increases the endogenous opioids in the brain, giving us a natural high.
7. Create the feeling of “emotional warmth,” producing the hormone oxytocin which in turn helps reduce blood pressure and protects the heart.
Kindness matters more than we think. One day our very lives may depend on it.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou
You may also like the following events from Lighting the Way: