OpenStack administration course teaches you the concepts of the cloud, cloud delivery models, cloud deployment models, OpenStack Architecture and how to install, configure and maintain a cloud computing environment using OpenStack Platform. Explore many interesting features of OpenStack Platform through hands-on labs. And also look at the future plans of the OpenStack development community.
This course is designed for corporates & professionals who are already aware of Cloud technologies and have considerable experience working on Linux environment and are looking to quickly scale up to OpenStack.
Module 1: Cloud Computing Background
● Why Cloud
● Delivery Models: SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
● Deployment Models: Public, Private, Hybrid
● Virtualization Overview
● Cloud Computing characteristics and layers
● IT roles in the cloud
● Risk assessment
● Cloud migration topics to consider
Module 2: OpenStack components and architecture
● Definition and brief description of the functions of each OpenStack component
● Conceptual Architecture with a diagram shows how components are connected and the relation between them.
● Deploying Horizon.
● Dashboard customization.
● Storage concepts
Module 3: OpenStack Compute I
● Introduction to OpenStack Compute
● Users and Tenants (Projects)
● Images and Instances
● OpenStack Compute and Block Storage
Module 4: OpenStack Compute II
● Setting Configuration Options in the nova.conf File
● General Compute Configuration Overview
● Example nova.conf Configuration Files.
● Configuring File format for nova.conf and List of
● configuration options.
● Configuring Database connection
● Configuring Compute API
● Configuring quotas
Module 5: Identity Management.
● Identity Service Concepts.
● SSL and Keystone Configuration.
● Sample configuration file, running, and initialize Keystone.
● Adding Users, Tenants, and Roles with python-keystone client
● Configuring Services to work with Keystone.
● Configuring Keystone SSL support.
● Using External Authentication with OpenStack Identity.
● Troubleshooting Identity (Keystone).
Module 6: Image Management
● Configuring Tenant-specific Storage Locations for Images with Object Storage.
● Adding images with glance image-create.
● Booting a test image.
● Tearing down (deleting) Instances.
● Pausing and Suspending Instances.
● Select a specific host to boot instances on.
● Creating images from running instances with KVM and Xen.
● Replicating images across multiple data centers.
Module 7: Instance Management
● Interfaces to managing instances.
● Instance building blocks.
● Creating instances.
● Controlling where instances run.
● Instance specific data.
● Configuring instances at boot time.
● Config drive.
● Managing instance networking.
● Manage Volumes.
● Accessing running instances.
● Stop and Start an Instance.
● Change Server Configuration.
● Instance evacuation.
● Terminate an Instance.
Module 8: Hypervisors
● Selecting a Hypervisor
● Hypervisor Configuration Basics
● Bare Metal Driver
● Defining the key terminology and principles of Cloud Computing for enterprise and industry case study practice.
● Identifying the OpenStack Project and it’s Components and architecture
● Explaining what images and instances are and description of the life cycle of a typical virtual system within the cloud and involving Cloud Computing Administrator into configuring and full deployment of OpenStack compute.
● Explaining detail OpenStack Cloud authorization and authentication mechanism.
● Providing the concept of hypervisors, different hypervisors types and product names, and how they work and be administered.
● Explaining to OpenStack Cloud Administrator how to deal with Cloud virtual machines images, include: booting, pausing, suspending, and replication. And how to deal with OpenStack Cloud virtual machines instances.
● Cloud Computing Background
● OpenStack components and architecture
● OpenStack Compute I
● OpenStack Compute II
● Identity Management
● Image Management
● Instance Management
Who Can Attend?
● Linux system administrators and cloud administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private cloud
● IT Professionals wanting to formally learn about OpenStack and how to create a private, public cloud using OpenStack
● Organizations planning to implement their own private or public cloud
● IT professionals looking to enhance the credibility of your resume
|Ticket Information ||Ticket Price |
| Early bird registration || DKK 17,000|
| Standard registration || DKK 20,000|