Time to Write that Book! Igniting the Writer Within.
A 2-Day workshop over 2 Saturdays 2nd Feb & 9th Feb
“The only tangible legacy we can leave the world – is a book.”
[Be sure to book your ticket as limited places are available.]
• Do you want to see your story in print?
• Are you ready to write but not sure where or how to start?
• Do you have questions about genre, your writer’s voice, publishing, characters…?
• Do you have an idea for a book but not sure how to take it to the next step?
• Have you started writing but come to a roadblock?
If you answered yes to the above, then this course is for you!
Whether you’re a novice or already have some writing experience, whether your focus is memoir, non-fiction or fiction… this workshop is an ideal starting point.
Deborah K Bates, Best-selling Author and Poet will take you step-by-step on how to identify your writer’s voice and genre, kick-start the creative writing process with exercises, discuss the art of character development, dialogue, publishing options, pitch, synopsis and more.
Saturday 2nd Feb 9:45am to 3pm
Saturday 9th Feb 10am to 4pm
BYO lunch to share (refreshments available)
SUMMARY OF PROGRAM:
• Where are you at
• Getting Started as a Writer
• The importance of Research
Igniting the Writer Within-
• Your Genre
• Your Voice & POV
• How to Make Time to Write
Ready, Set, Go-
• The Door to Your Book: The Importance of the First Five Pages
• Plotting the way
• Characters & Dialogue
The Business of Being a Writer-
• The elevator pitch, Hooks, Blurbs,
• Marketing and publishing options
• Agents, Synopsis, Query Letter, Manuscript Submissions
• Titles and Cover Ideas
FOR FULL PROGRAM and to read more about Deborah, go to this link: https://goo.gl/wdetPG
BOOK TICKETS fast as this workshop sells out swiftly.
For the two days only $180