Columbus Garden School, 1350 E. Cooke Rd., Columbus, United States
Carpentry Workshop for Women
This workshop will focus on carpentry skills: how to maintain your house and how to expand on what you already have. This hands-on workshop has a strong emphasis on safety and will cover:
- Understanding how your house is built -- and why
- Constructing a mini-wall, from learning to frame the studs to applying the drywall
- Patching holes, large and small
- In-depth tool exploration, from hand tools to power tools
- Understanding and trying different hardware, from different screw types to various kinds of anchors
Each workshop will begin with an introduction to hand and power tools, and you will go home with plenty of resources to help further your carpentry understanding! The goal of this workshop is to build a comfort level with the systems in your own home and to help make informed decisions when talking with a contractor. All skill levels are encouraged.
Class size is strictly limited to 6 students.
INSTRUCTORS: This class is taught by industry professionals, and offered through Central Ohio Women in the Trades. COWIT is a nonprofit organization focused on the education, recruitment, and retention of women within the various trade unions around central Ohio.