Presenters: Maria Simpson, MS, LPCC
CE: 6 hours
Program Description: This training will review concepts of Aggression Management programming.
Be familiar with symptoms and causes
Increase knowledge of assessment practices and diagnostic considerations for individuals engaged in aggressive behavior
Understand the curriculum of the Anger Management Workbook and highlight treatment components of Batterer's Intervention.
Provide direction to increase coordination of services with other systems.
Participants will be able to identify relevant data sources to make appropriate referrals to the program
Participatants will successfully explain the Stage 1 program components including triggers of anger, cues/warning signs of anger, anger control plans, the ABCD model and assertive communication.
Participants will successfully explain the State 2 program including Anger Management, Autobiography, Victim Impact Worksheet, Victim Apology Worksheet, and Relapse Prevention Workbook.
Participants will be able to explain etiology of violent behavior (pyramid of aggression) and apply it to case examples.
1. Brief overview of concepts of anger, aggression, and when anger becomes problematic
2. Brief review of the literature, etiology, risk factors, and common diagnoses
3. Overview of two assessment measures
4. Teach curriculum of the Anger Management Workbook
5. Brief overview of Batterer's Intervention programs
6. Case conceptualization and intervention practice
Level: Beginner - Intermediate
|Ticket Information ||Ticket Price |
| MOPS Staff || Free |
| General Admission || USD 90|
| At the Door || USD 95|