The annual Light Up NOMA district-wide event, kicks off the holiday season on Thursday, December 5th, 6-9PM with merchants opening their doors and offering shopping deals, food tastings, a tree lighting accompanied with stage performances from local students. New this year we are adding a Cookie Crawl to highlight NOMA as the sweet district of downtown Columbia.
More than a dozen shops, restaurants and galleries will open their doors to showcase their holiday treasures before the NOMA tree lighting. Many businesses will offer complimentary beverages, hors d’oeuvres and shopping discounts, and Light Up NOMA attendees are invited to stroll through the NOMA businesses, restaurants and bars on this festive evening.
The evening’s highlight will be a tree-lighting ceremony at 7:00PM. at the intersection of Confederate and Man Street next to Studio 2LR, featuring Columbia’s dignitaries. Be there by 6:30PM. to see the music and dance performances that will be opening for the tree lighting.
After the tree lighting, Light Up NOMA attendees are encouraged to stay on and enjoy the NOMA nightlife with specials in many of the bars and restaurants.
Shop, Dine, Wine and Mingle, Light Up NOMA-only specials with these participating businesses:
• A Taste of the South (2222 Sumter Street): Offering 10% off purchases that evening and featuring pecans and other gourmet products.
• Carolina Kernels (2720 Main Street): Enjoy food trucks, delicious hot chocolate, donuts, hot dogs, cheesesteak and fish.
• Carolina Imports (2965 Main Street): Offering 10% off of your entire purchase.
• Cromer’s P-nuts (3030 North Main Street): Offering 15% off corndogs and hot dogs; 10% off Christmas tins. Enjoy live music and delicious coffee.
• Dunkin Donuts (7400 Wilson Blvd): Offering $2 Happy Hour from 2-9pm. Items include iced coffee & lattes. Buy One Get One Donut deal from 6-9pm.
• The House of Hathor (6820 North Main Street): Offering 50% off traditional dashiki’s and traditional print clothing.
• Indah Coffee (2238 Sumter Street) Enjoy live music while sipping coffee, cider, hot chocolate, beer, wine and enjoying other goodies.
• Main Street Bakery (3307 Main Street): Offering delicious locally baked goods.
• NOMA Bistro by Al Amir (2431 Main Street): Enjoy cookies, hot apple cider, coffee, hot chocolate and more!
• Redrooster Sports Bar and Grill (7500 Wison Blvd): Come enjoy happy hour and a delicious meal deal, small Chicken Philly and fries for $7.99 Specialty prices on adult beverages during happy hour and beyond.
• Studio 2LR (2428 Main Street): location of the Christmas tree lighting and stage entertainment.
• The Vino Garage (2501 Main Street): Offering 25% off tapped beers and wines by the glass.
• MORE: You can be a part of this years NOMA Cookie Crawl! Join the cookie crawl and participants will receive a neatly designed cookie tin to fill up from cookies at eight or more bakery locations. $20/person. Great for a fun evening or even as a gift for someone. More info to come on Eventbrite.
• Logistics and parking information to come.
To learn more about Light Up NOMA and keep up with the growing list of happenings, go to http://nomacolumbia.com
Follow @NOMAColumbia on Facebook using #LightUpNOMA2019 or e-mail aW5mbyB8IE5vcnRoQ29sYSAhIGNvbQ==
or call (803)900-2664