CMP3 PD G6: S3: Covering and Surrounding
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is offering a series of Connected Mathematics 3 (CMP3) professional
development sessions during the 2018–2019 school year. These professional development sessions will provide support
for teachers implementing CMP3 in their sixth, seventh, or eighth grade classrooms.
The CMP3 professional development is designed to provide implementing teachers with the opportunity to:
• Develop an understanding of the philosophy and goals of the CMP3 curriculum
• Explore the connections between CMP and the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
• Explore the mathematical ideas in the selected unit and the implications for practice
• Collaborate with colleagues in similar grade levels
• Deepen their content and pedagogical content knowledge
During the sessions, teachers will learn about the curricular materials and resources, engage in problem-based
investigations, prepare for implementation in their classrooms, and explore high-quality instruction. They will engage in
activities to promote reflection and professional growth.
• All sessions will run from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. Lunch will be provided.
• Please bring the CMP Teacher’s Guide and Student Book for the unit being explored at the session.
• CPDUs will be awarded upon completion.
• For additional information, please email Jean Goldrich at c3V0b3cgfCB1aWMgISBlZHU=.
You may also like the following events from Metro Chicago Mathematics Initiative:
- This month, 30th April, 08:30 am, Rescheduled Session D G3–5: S4: Visual Representation and Spatial Reasoning in Hillside
- Next month, 2nd May, 08:30 am, Administrator Institute, Course 4: Meeting the Needs of All Learners in Morton
- Next month, 8th May, 08:30 am, Rescheduled Session E&F G3–5: S4: Visual Representation and Spatial Reasoning in Chicago Heights