To commemorate the 68th Republic Day an heritage ride is being organised to Chandragiri Fort (AP) on Sunday, 22nd January 2017.
Located 13 km from the famous Hindu pilgrimage centre Tirupathi and under the ASI, Hyderabad Circle the well secured fort with typical bastions, pierced with gateways was erected originally by Immadi Narasinga Yadava Raya (1000 AD). The Fort gained importance with the rise of Saluva Dynasty of the Vijayanagara Kings, the shifting of the capital from Hampi to Chandragiri in 1565 brought it to the limelight. The Fort was sufficiently strengthened by Venkata Pati Deva Raya of the Arividu Dynasty. In the later years Chandragiri Fort came under Sultan of Golkonda and the Mysore Kings. The FIRMAN granting the site of FORT ST.GEORGE in Madras to the British East India company was signed here at the Chandragiri Fort on 22nd August 1639 thus paving way for the founding of Madras.
1. The ride will start at 5.00 am on Sunday, 22nd January from Santhome Inn, Santhome High Road, Chennai and finish at Tirupathi Youth Hostel. After break Group Ride from Alipiri (Tirupati) to Chandragiri Fort.
2. The total ride distance is approx 160 Km.
3. Arrangements are being made for return transportation of riders and cycles back to the Starting Point on the same day.
4. Riders have to purchase Donor Pass costing Rs.450 each. Non Refundable
5. Helmet is mandatory. No helmet, No Ride.
6. Please wear bright colored clothing with reflectors to enhance visibility.
7. You are responsible for your own safety.
8. Obey all the traffic rules.
9. The road will not be closed for the event.
10. Ensure that your bicycle is in a good and safe-to-ride condition.
11. Ride in a Single File and keep to the left.
12. Do not overtake and ride aggressively. Stay within the group.
13. Inform your Rider Number at the Pitstops and be within the group during the visit to Chandragiri Fort and at the occassion of taking SWACHH BHARAT PLEDGE. At any time inform the organisers if you are quitting the ride.
14. Bicycle tags must be produced before taking the delivery of bicycle.
15. Since all the riders are expected to be at Tirupathi Youth Hostel by 1.30 pm only those who cross the 101 Km mark by 11.00 -11.30 am will be permitted to continue with the ride.
16. Cycling Yogis reserves the right to limit the number of participants
17. All the participants should sign Indemnity Document before the start of the ride therefore please report at the Start Point before 4.45am.
18. Clicking the going button and filling up the registration form means, you have read, understood and will abide by the instructions given above.
There are only limited seats for this ride, we kindly request you to ascertain your availability before registering since it would provide opportunity to another cyclist interested to participate in the ride.
Days of planning and logistics have gone into organizing this ride, soliciting your cooperation for the successful conduct of the ride.
Post Registration a invitation mail will be sent confirming your participation, on receiving the mail you need to purchase Donor Pass within three days from Probikers OMR (refer Google Maps) and reply to the mail else the invitation stands null and void. The Donor Pass is non refundable.
Please refer to the event page on fb for the Tentative Ride Plan.
Ride route will be posted on the fb event page prior to the ride.
Click on the link to REGISTER