Youth Empower Seminar - YES!
YES! provides teens with a healthy body & mind, and a healthy lifestyle through practical tools and life skills to manage stress and emotions. The program helps motivate teens to succeed in school and make healthy choices when faced with life's challenges.
"The emphasis in education has been placed on academic achievement, yet the true measure of success in life is health, happiness, enthusiasm and the ability to effectively deal with life's challenges."
Does your child:
- Have tools to manage negative emotions in constructive ways?
- Feel confident in any situation?
- Focus easily on the task at hand?
- Manage the pressures of school?
- Suffer from allergies and asthma related health problems?
- Show evidence of stress-related problems such as depression, anxiety, irritability, or fear?
This course can help in any of the above areas!
- Improve mental clarity, memory, focus and concentration
- Release negative emotional and behavioral patterns
- Retain emotional balance in frustrating situations
- Discover their unique gifts and talents
- Become responsible yet remain uninhibited, joyful, creative, loving and fun
- Develop leadership skills which enable youth to become positive role models for their peers
- Stretching, Yoga, breathing exercises, relaxation techniques, meditation
- Sudarshan Kriya, a powerful rhythmic breathing technique to balance emotions, increase energy and improve mental clarity and stability
- Practical knowledge to eliminate counter-productive activity, Techniques/processes to improve memory, focus and concentration
- Dynamic group discussions designed to help youth feel at ease in challenging situations, and increase confidence and inner strength to better handle criticism and peer pressure
- Problem solving skills, social skills, leadership training, games, group dynamics, team-work exercises, creative projects
- Human values such as empathy, respect, trust, caring, selfless giving, inclusiveness
Start Date: Aug 21, 2017
End Date: Aug 24, 2017
Weekday Timings: 5.30pm-9.30pm
You may also like the following events from Art of Living , Charlotte, NC:
Also check out other Health & Wellness Events in Charlotte
, Workshops in Charlotte
Liked this event? Spread the word :