Canterbury: Intro to Photography (Stage 1) - with Jen Holland
- If you like taking photos but really want to be more intentional and take better images that you're really proud of, then this course is for you!
- If you are using a digital camera, smartphone or tablet to take photos and want to know how to use them properly, then this course is for you!
- If you've tried to learn photography by reading books, or your camera instruction manual and had no joy, this course is for you!
This is a highly practical, 2-session course aimed to equip you with the knowledge of how to use your camera well, with tips and tricks of the trade on how to take better photos that really stand out and you'll be proud to display on your wall or show your friends.
1. Getting to know your camera
2. Intro to the art of photography
3. Composition techniques
4. Using light to your advantage
5. A guided photo-walk with challenges
Check out what some past students had to say:
"The course was very well presented and a lot of fun and laughter was shared!"
"It made me think about taking photos. I don’t just 'point and shoot' anymore."
"I was hoping for at least learning what button does what but it’s been so much more. It’s been a game changer."
"I’m so excited about the outcome. Amazed at what I have learnt. If you do any more I’d love to come!"
"I feel my life has changed in so much as I understand how to use my camera and how to use light. I can now record my life so later I will use these photos to help me remember."
"After the first lesson explaining what buttons do what on my camera I feel empowered."
"I take my camera everywhere now!"
LOCATION: Palamon Court (student accommodation building next to Augustine House), Rhodes Town, Canterbury, CT1 2YA
COST: £65 per person for the two days (2x three hours). Includes refreshments.
REQUIREMENTS: Just a digital camera, tablet, or smartphone. No prior experience with cameras or the photographic arts is needed.
You may also like the following events from Jen Holland Photography: