? PLASTIC WATER ?
The ocean is a beautiful and spiritual place, she offers a home for life, fluidity, beauty, creation...
What if the ocean was no longer a home for sea life, no longer a source of water, no longer a place to surf and swim?
What if the world’s oceans were full of plastic pollution?
EXPLORE and EMPOWER as we change our relationship to plastic, and begin to heal our rivers and oceans...
We invite you to a weekend of Interactive Art & Community Involvement...
Interactive Art First Friday
-with Art, Aerial Dance, Live Music, & Refreshments!
Friday October 5, 2018
The 418 Project
✨FREE ADMISSION! ✨
OPTIONAL admission: bring 1 old t-shirt to be transformed!
?WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Swirl around in the Pacific Gyre of plastic water bottles.
- Sink from a Melting Glacier and then swim like a polar bear.
- Float inside The “Bayble," a giant bubble made of bay twigs and shrink wrap.
- Blow on the Diatom Mobile to make air currents and see the brownian motion of magnified unicellular creatures (created by 5th graders from Watsonville Charter School of the Arts).
- Feel the tepid surge of Extreme Storm Patterns.
- Swim with Lisa Agliano and her couture plastics fashion in The Human Mobile sculpture by Carry Garcia.
✨Viewers can manipulate, ride on, write about and imagine the hazards of modern aquatic life!
✨Featuring live music by Zayante Creek All Stars Band!
✨ABOUT PLASTIC WATER:
Plastic Water Interactive is an art installation transforming The 418 Project into an underwater habitat composed of sculptures made from repurposed, commonly used and discarded plastic items that end up in the ocean.
The sculptures have aerial dance apparatus as skeletons--drifting aerial dancers perform as ailing sea creatures who navigate the “new normal” of our plasticized oceans.
See our site for more info: https://the418project.com/plastic-water/
And don’t forget to stop by for...
Family Faire & Consortium
Sat. October 6th, 1-5PM!
More info here: https://www.facebook.com/events/237603303619337/