Common misconceptions & myths of Ayurveda.
- Part of Khabir's summer 2018 Ojai series on traditional Ayurveda every Sunday at 2pm.
Having first traveling to India in 1982 and starting my study of Ayurveda, I have come to identify many misconception and even myths about Ayurveda. I will hope my traditional understanding of Ayurveda shines light on the real ayurvedic principles and practices. For anyone interested in or studying Ayurveda this class will be a eye opener and remove the mask of "western" perception of this sophisticated and very advanced ancient health care system.
In this class, you will learn :
- A brief explanation of Ayurveda anatomy and how it is completely different from the "modern" perspective.
- Your real Ayurveda" Body-types" (Prakruti & Vikruti).
- What is Panchakarma really?
- Why there are few quick cures in Ayurveda.
- What is a complete Ayurvedic treatment for a disease?
The talk will be brief but lively so there will be plenty of time for the questions and answer period.
Class by Khabir Southwick, world renowned Ayurvedic practitioner (Vaidya) with over 20 years of clinical experience.
COST: By donation only
* All are welcome including children.
- Understanding AGNI- Digestive fire
- All about AMA - self created metabolic toxins
- The 3 MALAS - Eliminating channels
- The 7 Dhatsu - Tissues
- The 13 Sotras - Systems
- Understanding Ojas, Tejas & Prana
and more to be announced.
Advanced registration required.
Register by getting a free "ticket' from this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/class-common-misconceptions-myths-of-ayurvedic-treatments-tickets-45836268513
Khabir provides annual certified Ayurveda Training workshops in Rishikesh India each year on the fundamentals, Anatomy, pathology, diagnosis, herbal treatment, and formulating India herbs. Details of the next course can be found here: http://khabirsouthwick.com/ayurveda/ayurveda-training
Khabir Southwick - Naturopath, M.H., N.T., C.A.S., is an internationally recognized Ayurveda health-care practitioner, herbalist, public speaker and author. He travels worldwide speaking on Ayurveda and consulting clients. He has spoken on Ayurveda and consulted clients in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Francisco, Paris, Casablanca, Rabat, Marrakech, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Rishikesh India.See moreHealthHealth classHealing+1