Surface and Subsurface Mapping Techniques Field trip
Field trip stops:
Departure from Cairo at 7.30 am, heading east to Sinai Tunnel then to Ras Sudr , Moon Beach hotel.
STAGE -1, workshop at hotel
• Definitions of structural and topographic features and relations between them.
• bedding dip and strike
• fault dip and strike
• topographic contour lines
• structure contour lines and relation with the dip of the mapped horizon.
• Exercises for solving problems of bed exposures in relation with topographic and structure contour lines, this will be through practical examples using maps and sections
• How to draw structural cross sections using topographic maps and geological maps
• How to use compass for structural measurements
will include field work to collect field data and office work at evening for data presentations. The areas will be visited are Abu Zenima, wadi Nukhul, Baba, Matulla, Markha plain. The work will be divided into 2 stages as follows:
• Field data measurements and data collection using topographic maps, areal photographs, previous geological maps and compass
• Measurements of bedding, faults, and fractures through selected field stations
• Measuring stratigraphic sections through dip traverses, lithologic description, formational boundaries and fault cuts
• Surface analogues for fault zones and associated drag and dip rotation as a guide for dip meter interpretation in subsurface compared with the regional structural dip regime
• Description of the mapped tilted fault blocks to improve the interpretation skills and roll of cross elements as a model for hydrocarbon exploration and development
• Rift structural events and its impact on the sedimentation of the initial rift sediments of Red Beds and Nukhul fm.
Field data presentations including:
• Drawing structural sketches in the field and sketches of stratigraphic lithologic columns.
• Constructing structural cross sections ( v= h ).
• Drawing rose diagrams for structural trend analysis.
• Constructing tentative photogeological maps for Nukhul and Baba blocks.
• Interpreting the mode of sedimentation and isopaching of initial rift sediments in Nukhul block and its application in Rudeis- Sidri oil field.
• Dip meter data analysis using real surface examples to improve the subsurface structural interpretation skills.
• Explaining the idea of pre-Miocene fault scarp as a model for subsurface interpretation.
• Identifying the alteration zones of pre- Miocene rocks associated with basaltic intrusions as a guide for subsurface interpretations.
Visit Hammam Faraun block , finalize all the office work , moving to Cairo nearly at 2:00 PM.
Assigned instructor: Mr. Nasser Anani
Accommodation : Moon Beach hotel, Ras Sudr – Egypt
Date: From 24th To 28th March 2019.
For More Details and Registration Please Contact :
Customer Success Manager
Landline : +202-23228332
Mobile : +201005201878 - +201012633525
Email : QXlhICEgYWhtZWQgfCBzdHJhdG9pbCAhIGNvICEgdWs=