Tuesday January 5,12,19
Fees:1600 LE ( material included )
This workshop caters to those interested to learn about resin material, and how to use resin to renew products and produce new products or even do a decorative piece of art.
In this workshop one is taught techniques to make use of resin concepts and create ocean pour lacing and geode.
No prior experience or knowledge is required.
An open mind to learning is highly desirable
The workshop is composed of three cumulative stages:
- Explaining the basics of resin, work time, proper ventilation and protectionists.
- Explain equipment you will need to start your journey into resin and how to equip different kinds of surfaces and how to determine the amount of resin you need for your project.
- Introducing color types, amount and effect of each kind on resin.
- Introducing the technique of applying resin on flat wooden surface and how to avoid bubbles.
- Introducing the process of adding other simple materials in resin.
- You will do a unique design to start DIY mold making process.
- In this stage you will start using different kind of resin applying on wooden surface with sides.
- We will do a comparison between types of resin to know which is the best one to use in your work.
- In this stage mold products applying will be inspired by the natural geodes, you can create beautiful geodes with resin, deco stones, glitter and crystals. There are no limits to your imagination and the “geode imitations” made of resin.
- How to finalize the three products.
- Start the process of adding protective layer for exposed wood.
- Start the process of installing the handles on flat wooden surface and you will know different ways to install it.
- Start the process of finalizing mold products. How to trim and finish the edges.
Language: Arabic / English
upcoming dates :
Maadi: Tues Jan 5,12,19
Maadi: Tues Feb 2,9,16
Maadi: Tues Mar 2,9,16
Maadi: Tues Apr 6,13,20
Maadi: Tues May 11,18,25
Maadi: Tues Jun 1,8,15
Maadi: Tues Jul 6,13,20
Maadi: Tues Aug 17,24,31
Maadi: Tues Sep 14,21,28
Maadi: Tues Oct 12,19,26
Maadi: Tues Nov 16,23,30
Maadi: Tues Dec 14,21,28
Taught by: Dina Fahmy
Dina is art crafts artist, enthusiast and professor. She is a Cairo University assistant professor and a PhD candidate of Arts with a specialization of Art Crafts. Dina grew an interest in paper crafts since she received her bachelor degree in 2009, so she decided to do her master’s thesis on developing creative origami curriculums. Her thesis was applied to university students and defended successfully with a grade of excellent with honors in 2017. She has been giving origami workshops and courses in and outside university to both children and adults since 2011. Dina’s PhD dissertation is on paper crafts as well with a focus on the development of paper materials and product design. Besides her passion with paper crafts, Dina participated in several exhibitions around Egypt since 2011 with works of paper crafts, sculpture, textile, copper crafts, painting, and mixed media. Those exhibitions include “6th Youth Visual Arts Competition” in “Freedom Center For Creativity in Alexandria” 2018. “22th Youth Saloon” (Painting) at “Palace of Art”, November 2011. “My Revolution Diaries” organized by “Hellenic American Union, Bibliotheca Alexandrina Arts Center” at “Hellenic American Union Galleries - Greece” May 2011. and more,Dina’s artistic talents blossomed from a very young age when she won the Glimpses of India competition hosted by the Indian embassy in 2002 and 2003.
Digital bibliotheca- Bibliotheca Alexandrina – may 2011
Egyptian Cultural Centre – Roma – Italy – may 2011
ALL OUR CLASSES NEED PRIOR BOOKING AT LEAST 3 DAYS BEFORE EVENT DATE
For more information please contact:
10B road 11, entrance from Canal Street
Working hours from Saturday to Wednesday from 10