Every Sunday @12-3pm OR 7-9pm
Minimum 3 and maximum 5 attendees
Language : Arabic / English
The geometric designs in Islamic art are often built on combinations of repeated squares and circles, which may be overlapped and interlaced, as can arabesques (with which they are often combined) to form intricate and complex patterns, including a wide variety of tessellations.
In this course you will learn the six and the eight folds girds and Rosettas, which are the basis to create all Islamic patterns, which you can see all over the Islamic world countries, starting from India, Iran, Syria, Egypt and until you reach Spain, in places, mosques and other buildings.
This course is concerned with the constructing of Islamic geometric patterns step by step in the most easy way using the tradition method by a compass and ruler to make it easy for beginners.
- Introduction to the types of stars and polygons.
- Introduction to different grids
-Constructing 4 activities for each grid.
- Six fold hexagram constructing tracing coloring
- Same as Lect 1 with octagons
- Same as Lect 2 with octagons
- Constructing and underlying the grids and outline of different patterns.
- Construction of hexagons, hexagrams, octagons and octagrams according to the different grids.
- Tiling the pattern for both six fold and eight fold pattern.
- Creating a ribbon effect to interlace the pattern.
- Transfer the pattern to the surface of your choice.
- Making your own pattern of colors.
- How to use brush for water coloring or aqua pencils adding multiple layers of color.
- Pencil ( 2H for construction / 2B for outlining and tracing)
- Plain paper
- Tracing paper
- Eraser and masking tape
- For coloring; Water colors, aqua coloring pencils and aqua brush
ALL CLASSES NEED TO BE BOOKED AND PAID FOR AT LEAST 3 DAYS IN ADVANCE
For more information please contact:
10B road 11, entrance from Canal Street
Working hours from Saturday to Wednesday from 10