Intermediate Jewelry Making Course
Start Date: March 21st, Thursday
Time: Every Thursday of every week from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Duration: 5 sessions over 5 weeks
Deadline for registration: 14th March
Course fee: 3000 EGP exclusive of materials
Prerequisite: Jewelry making course LEVEL 1
تاريخ بدء الكورس: الخميس الموافق 21 مارس 2019
مواعيد الكورس: من 10 صباحا حتى 2 ظهرا
أيام: الخميس من كل أسبوع ولمدة 5 أسابيع
مدة الكورس: 5 محاضرات
تكلفة: 3000 جنيه مصري
For more information on how to register, contact us via:
The Intermediate and Continuing Jewelry Making Course is perfect for students who want to take their making skills to the next level. This course is designed to allow students to progress and enhance their skill through the different stages of jewelry making, as the tutor assists with design development, technical issues and problem solving.
Once a week (days depend on schedule)
5 sessions (5 weeks)
KEMET Art & Design Studios, Jameel building, The Greek Campus, Downtown Cairo.
Students coming from the introductory course to the Intermediate jewelry Making Course will expand upon the fundamentals of jewelry making and make pieces which may incorporate a range of materials including metal and non-metal elements
Topics and areas covered in this class include:
- Additional soldering techniques like sweat soldering
- Cold connections (riveting dissimilar materials)
- Basic Bezel Setting
KEMET Certificate of Completion
Some of the Jobs directly related to this course;
• Jewellery maker
• Jewellery specialist
• Jewellery consultant
• Jewellery designer
• Fashion stylist
Access to Further Studies
Using their outcome portfolios, students can apply to specialisation courses (e.g. jewellery design and making, fashion design, shoe design, fashion styling, drawing & sketching techniques, etc.), postgraduate courses or Masters Programs.
Upon full registration, students will be issued a course pack of course guiding material and readings.
The course material is in English. Class discussions will be held in both English and Arabic.
Qualifications required for enrolment
There are no prerequisites for this diploma.
This Course is appropriate for those wishing to work in field of jewellery design and making. More over creative and talented students who want to be self-employed and create their individual jewellery brands and production lines.
This course is suitable for those who have jewellery experience but wish to add to their repertoire.
Participants will receive their certificates of Course or Diploma Completion only if they have:
• Attended 75% of the total hours required
• Completed 75% of the class exercises and take-home assignments
• Completed and submitted their final project if any, with approval of the session leader
You may register via email or phone call:
Applicants must be 16 years and above.
Applicants must have a high to intermediate level of English in order to enrol in the program.
• If the customer wishes to withdraw from the diploma/ course within a maximum period of 10 days prior to the beginning of the course, 20% of the total value of the diploma/course will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if any.
• If the client wishes to withdraw from the diploma/course within a maximum period of 5 days before the start of the diploma/ course, 50% of the total value of the training course will be deducted and the remaining amount will be refunded if any.
• You cannot refund the amounts paid after the expiry date (4 days or less before the start of the diploma/course).
Course Materials and Supplies
Same materials plus cabochon stones for bezel settings.
• HB pencil
• A4 papers
• Kalk sheets
• Rulers for drawing circles and ovals
• Ruler for curves
• Metal cutting scissors
• Round-nose pliers
• Flat-nose pliers
• Narrow tipped pliers
• Jeweller’s saw
• Saw blades 2/0
• Set of assorted hand files, Swiss made مبارد الساعاتي
• Memory wire (0.8mm and 1 mm in diameter)
• Sand paper, assorted
• Half round file
• Hand torch
• Soldering block
• Stainless steel shift
• Copper sheets, 0.7 mm thick and 1 mm thick
• An apron
• Uhu glue
Courses that do not reach the minimum number of confirmed participants may be cancelled. If a course is cancelled, the student will be notified by telephone or email and will have the option to select another course or request a full refund of all fees paid.
You may also like the following events from Kemet Art & Design: