Exploring your Limits | Fashion Photography workshop by Louay Nasser
This workshop aims to push the students to explore their style and limits. From discussing fashion photography business, aspects of a fashion shoot, the team involved, to the light and light modifiers.
Exploring light modifiers beyond their traditional use to create different looks, and challenging students to create a great image with minimal resources.
The goal is to walk away from this workshop with enough confidence and knowledge to create and build a better and more powerful portfolio.
Day 1 - (5 March, 2021 | 11 am – 6 pm)
- Fashion shoots from brief to delivery
- The right way to build your portfolio and to price your work
- Words from the art director/stylist, Model and makeup and hair each discussing their process, responsibilities and their roles in a fashion shoot
- My favorite modifier and how I use it
- How you can use a single modifier to get different looks
- Demonstration / mini shoot
Day 2 – (6 March, 2021 | 12 – 8 pm)
- Practical assignment all day
- Participants will be split to two groups each with one model, each group will choose on modifier and they are expected to produce a totally different light and mood with the same modifier.
- Reviewing student work.
Art director/stylist: Hussy ElCeliemy
Makeup and Hair: Agnieszka Hoscilo
Makeup Artist: Diana Harby
Models: to be announced
What to bring:
- Lenses of their choice
- Camera cable/ Tethering cable
- Laptop (for the final project)
Dates: 5 & 6 March, 2021
Location: Consoleya – Downtown Cairo
Fees: LE 4,000
Full fees should be paid by the 28th of February, 2021.
For booking & more info please contact us:
Louay Nasser is a Cairo-based fashion and commercial photographer shooting editorial and ad-vertising work. Louay specializes in fashion, beauty, products and advertising photography Since 2011 he worked with a range of local and international clients such as Harper’s Bazaar Ara-bia, Azza Fahmy, Yasmine Yeya, Okhtein, Shahira Lasheen, PRS USA, ABB USA, Devoto Atelier Ecuador, Coca-Cola Egypt, Procter & Gamble Egypt, The European Union, and Citystars proper-ties. T His latest work has been featured in Elle Spain, Wolf & Badger, Vogue Arabia, Elle Arabia, Lucy’s Magazine, KALTBLUT Mag, Elegant Mag, institute Mag, and other fashion publications in Spain, Revista Hogar Ecuador, and several fashion magazines in Egypt.
Cairo Photo Week will follow all the strict international safety standards in regards to COVID-19 keeping the proper social distancing guidelines and adhering to all hygiene regulations throughout the festival. It is worth noting that the festival is hosted at spacious venues in the heart of downtown Cairo which allows us to easily follow such guidelines
About The Host: PHOTOPIA is a hub for photographers living in Egypt. We serve any photography enthusiast being an emerging talent or a professional artist: School /studio
Website Link: http://www.photopiacairo.com