DreamTrips - Australian Rainforests & Reefs
About Your Trip
Welcome to Australia where you will join fellow DreamTrippers on a sun- and fun-filled excursion to Queensland, a place of outstanding natural beauty. Board an authentic timber carriage on the Kuranda Scenic Railway and journey by train through the Wet Tropics of Queensland, one of the oldest rainforests in the world. At Kuranda village, take a self-guided walk through the rainforest or stroll the quaint streets for souvenirs or refreshments. Along the way, you may encounter the life-size replica of Allosaurus, a theropod dinosaur that roamed land at one time. Continue your adventure at Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park where you’ll learn about the heritage of the indigenous people of the region with an intriguing dance performance.
Spend the next day exploring the impressive beauty of Australia’s famed Great Barrier Reef. Board a luxury catamaran for a full-day cruise to Michaelmas Cay through Australia's Great Barrier Reef. You’ll enjoy 4 hours touring the reef, morning refreshments and a buffet lunch. On board, you’ll have access to snorkeling equipment and a demonstration on its use, informative ecological presentations by marine biologists, and a bird tour to give you the opportunity to learn about the surrounding nature and wildlife as you see it firsthand. Then, as you sail back toward the shore, enjoy live musical entertainment with a glass of Australian sparkling wine.
What we love:
• The Wet Tropics of Queensland rain forest, famous for its rich biodiversity, was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1988.
• Michaelmas Cay, a reef sand island surrounded by magical coral gardens, is teeming with diverse marine life.
• Spanning more than 1,300 miles (2,092 kilometers) in the Coral Sea off northeastern Australia’s Queensland coast, the UNESCO-protected Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest coral reef system.
Your DreamTrip includes 4 days and 3 nights in Cairns, Australia, as well as:
• Half-day tour of Kuranda; includes ticket for the Kuranda Scenic Railway, an English-speaking guide and transportation.
• Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park Night Fire excursion; includes a performance and transportation.
• Full-day Great Barrier Reef excursion; includes morning and afternoon tea, snacks, snorkeling equipment and demonstration, buoyancy vests and round-trip catamaran transfer. See Itinerary and Additional Information sections for details.
• 3 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
• An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Cairns Airport (CNS), approximately 4.5 miles (7 kilometers) away. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
Pullman Cairns International boasts a noteworthy location in the heart of the city’s central business district, offering guests easy access to the Great Barrier Reef and other attractions. At this top property, swim in the tropical pools, enjoy time at the Vie Spa or dine on local seafood at Coco's Restaurant.
• Coco’s Restaurant and the Lobby Bar, plus in-room dining.
• 1 indoor pool with a large sundeck and Jacuzzi.
• Vie Spa.
• Fitness center and sauna.
• Concierge services, tour desk and 24-hour reception desk.
• Guest laundry and dry cleaning available (at your own expense).
• Valet parking is available.
City Mountain View Room or Harbour View Room accommodations with:
• 1 queen bed or 2 double beds. Baby crib available upon request.
• Maximum occupancy 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children.
• Private balcony.
• Spacious room with upscale decor.
• Blackout curtains.
• En suite bathroom with shower and bathtub, hairdryer, C.O. Bigelow toiletries and bathrobe to use during your stay.
• In-room safe.
• Work desk.
• Coffee- and tea-making facilities.
• Standard guest-room refrigerator.
• Minibar (consumption at an additional cost).
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 2 p.m.
Checkout: 11 a.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Pullman Cairns International
17 Abbott Street
Cairns, Queensland 4870, Australia
Pricing for children for this hotel may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults. If the pricing for children differs from the pricing for adults, refer to the Policies section for further details.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.
You may also like the following events from DreamTrips:
- This month, 7th June, 04:00 pm, Lisbon, Portugal Azamara Journey June 7-17
- This month, 10th June, 02:00 pm, DreamTrips: Family Fun in Sunny Southern Portugal in Albufeira
- This Wednesday, 13th June, 01:00 pm, DreamTrips: Escape to the Scenic Olympus Riviera
Also check out other Nonprofit Events in Cairns
, Trips & Adventurous Activities in Cairns
Liked this event? Spread the word :