How to Master Language Complexity on the BEST Plus 2.0 in a High Level ESL Classroom (Repeat Session)- BALC (free parking)
How to Master Language Complexity on the BEST Plus 2.0 in a High- Level ESL Classroom (3 hours)
This PD will assist you with two challenges you face as an ESL teacher:
● How to master your Best Plus 2.0 testing skills
During the workshop you will have a chance to deconstruct Best Plus complexity in terms of complexity elements and grammar content. The in-depth knowledge of Best Plus 2.0 complexity rubric will help you with scoring High-level ESL students on Best Plus 2.0
● How to help High- level ESL students to gain on the Best Plus 2.0
The facilitator will present a short overview of Stephen Krashen’s Pre-Production, Early Production, and Speech Emergence Second Language Acquisition Stages that correspond with complexity elements on Best Plus 2.0 scoring rubric. You will also be introduced to a variety of Interactive hands – on activities for high- level ESL students such as kinesthetic clause building and sentence combining
All participants must be BEST Plus 2.0 Administrator Certified. This workshop is recommended for those who are preparing for a BEST Plus Refresher Training and Teachers of ESOL.
• All NYC RAEN workshops are for teachers/staff of NYSED-funded adult education programs.
• This is a three (3) hour training.
• NYC RAEN reserves the right to cancel or reschedule workshops with fewer than 10 participants.
• Please be sure to arrive on time. Doors close 15 minutes into the session.
• If you cannot attend the workshop, please cancel your registration on Eventbrite.
• If your program utilizes a “Time Card,” please bring a “Time Card” with you to the session. The New York City RAEN does not provide Time Cards.
Please note: This event may be recorded and photographed for non-profit purposes including use in print, on the internet, and all other forms of media. All audience members (or parents/ guardians of minors attending the event) agree to the possibility of appearing on these recordings by virtue of attending the event or participating in the event.