Bereavement by suicide: children, young people & familes
To develop a greater understanding of the effects of bereavement by suicide on families and children.
- increase awareness of the particular complications of this type of loss
- develop greater confidence in providing support and communicating with families and children
-gain information regarding suicide facts and the myths and gain a better understanding of those more at risk of attempting suicide
- increase awareness of the effect on us when working with those bereaved by suicide
- explore and develop our self-awareness and support for ourselves
- gain information about Child Bereavement UK, other similar support organisations and resources available.
Who should attend?
This session is suitable for anyone whose work involves supporting those who have experienced this traumatic type of bereavement.
We encourage prospective participants to consider their own experience of loss and how it might affect them during training. Generally speaking, our training is not usually suited to anyone who has suffered a recent, significant personal loss or bereavement.
You may also like the following events from Child Bereavement UK: