This 5-day course is for those fools who have completed at least one of Holly's 5-day Fooling Summer Schools and wish to further develop their fooling practice.
The training is designed to give you more confidence and stability in your performance.
During the 5 days you will:
- Be guided through mindful sitting meditations and mindful movement explorations to help you tune into your inner world.
- Have Holly's guidance to explore who makes up your current inner cast (masks), begin to explore their relationship to each other and find their optimum places on the stage. As well as supporting your stage work, this may have interesting knock-on effects in your real life*
- Explore the various shades of your masks, understanding how adaptable your masks can be and how they can serve you on stage.**
- Try out your cast in various playing spaces, to practice rolling them out any where, any time.
- Get to know a small group of fools inside out
This training is adapted from 2017's Beyond The Ridiculous intensive training week, which you can read about here: http://www.hollystoppit.com/blog/btr-shows-next-weekend
*Since undergoing this training last year with my teacher, Franki Anderson, things have miraculously shifted around in my life. Through the naming and careful placing of my Inner Critic, my Vulnerability, my Academic, Joy, Healthy Grounded and Unhealthy Ungrounded and my Facilitator, my inner cast have developed an extraordinary ability to work together to allow me to perform with pleasure, whilst also helping me to make healthy decisions in real life.
**Having a familiar internal cast may give you more confidence to perform Fooling publicly, knowing at least one of your masks can bail you out if it all goes terribly wrong might be enough for you to take the risk!
Monday – Friday
£350 if you're earning enough / £300 if you're earning less than enough
(I'm sorry I can't go any lower for this training – there are only 6 places and I need to earn a living)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 7 January 2019.
Application form: https://goo.gl/forms/fPyxhtZDmZ7IKiGk2
Any questions, email Beccy at aW5mbyB8IGhvbGx5c3RvcHBpdCAhIGNvbQ==
Photo by Alex Tabrizi, taken during Beyond The Ridiculous live show, October 2017.