The Emmett Technique 1 Day Introductory Workshop
Are you a Pilates or Yoga Instructor? Or perhaps a Personal Trainer?
Or maybe you work in complimentary health, or one of the caring professions, or perhaps you are caring for someone at home?
This 8 hour course will teach you how to help with pain and discomfort and movement restriction, simply.
No prior knowledge is needed for this course which introduces you to Emmett Technique and gives you 10 procedures for self care or to help others.
Suitable for #therapists, #carers, #sportscoaches, #yoga or #pilates #teachers - in fact anyone with a willing pair of hands and a thirst for learning something new.
CPD points may be available for this course but you will need to check with your professional body if this is important for you.
The EMM-Tech Short Course teaches participants how to quickly and effectively release their own muscle pain, discomfort and tensions or help others release theirs. All training is closely supervised and is open to anyone. It requires no previous bodywork experience. However, it is also a valuable and effective tool for personal trainers, sports coaches, Pilates and Yoga Instructors, riders and handlers and also for professionals and therapists in the health care field.
Emmett is a system of body work devised by Ross Emmett, an extremely gifted and intuitive practitioner. Visit his Australian based websitewww.rossemmett.com.au or the UK site at www.emmett-uk.com for more information.
The course will provide you with tools to simply and effectively release tension and tightness in 11 key muscles.
The Emmett Releases taught from the professional course will cover:-
* Sternocleidomastoid (SCM) to free up neck rotation problems.
* Pectoralis Minor used for shoulder problems, and difficulty reaching the arm behind the body.
* Biceps & AC - 2 moves to release the shoulder when there is a restriction on lifting the arm. An excellent tool to help with frozen shoulder and with any biceps strain.
* Forearm release will help improve grip strength. Can also help with elbow problems, and RSI
* Latissimus dorsi release. Frees up the arm lift where there is a “dragging” under the arm. Also great for addressing lower back tightness and pain.
* Diaphragm/Abdominal release – to open out the ribcage and help with breathing difficulties. Releases tight abdominal muscles and hunched over posture. Allows client to breathe more easily and deeply.
* ITB release. Quicker and simpler and less painful than massage techniques!
* ITB/Sartorius where there is difficulty squatting and lack of strength in the legs
* Gastroc/calf for tense tight and fluid filled calves. Also assists balance.
* Foot Balance moves to assist balance and stability. So simple. So effective.
The results from these moves are usually immediate – you will be able to see and feel the changes for yourself and after only a short demonstration and practice you will be able to achieve the same kind of results for your own family/friends/clients.
The investment in the course is £100 and runs from 9am till 5.30pm. It includes a Training Manual for you to take home to help refresh your memory. 50% for repeaters!
NB. Places are limited and allocated on a 1st come, 1st served basis.
If you would like to sign up and reserve your place on the course please email me at bWljaGFlbGphcnZpc21hc3NhZ2UgfCBnbWFpbCAhIGNvbQ==, or call on 07708 341339.
(If unable to make February, there will be more courses in March and April - so hurry and get in touch to reserve your place!)
Please note the following T&C's:
-your spot is officially reserved on receipt of the £100.
-if you were to cancel, there is a cancellation fee of 50%.
-there is no cooling off period within which you could change your mind.
-any payment made is non-transferrable to an earlier or later course.
**So please be SURE with your decision to attend before proceeding :) Thank you**
-If for some reason the course has to be cancelled by the Tutor, a 100% refund will be made to all attendees.