Our very popular Garden Design course aims to give you basic skills, knowledge and confidence to design or revamp your own garden, to suit your lifestyle and budget. It will be taught by experienced garden designer Deborah Kalinke.
By the end of the course you will be able to draw up a scale plan, with at least one planting plan for a bed, have a clear idea of the materials you want to use for the hard landscaping, and an idea of the cost to turn your plan into reality, plus a schedule of work.
Please note the 9x dates/times below.
Over the sessions you will:
• Survey your plot and create a site plan
• Measure your garden and draw up a scale drawing
• Look at different ‘styles’ of garden to clarify your own vision and create a mood board
• Make decisions about the ‘soft’ design for your garden - the planting – the evergreen structure, the seasonal garden, focal points. Also consider the form, texture and colour of the plants chosen, the role of seasonal maintenance and long-term management
• Look at elements of hard landscaping. The structural framework – paving materials, structures and barriers, changes of level, seating and outdoor furniture, lighting, irrigation and water features, containers and ornament, use of environmentally responsible materials
To fully benefit from the course you will prepare some work at home to make a more complete plan.
There will be time to share ideas within a collaborative and supportive environment. Our delivery of the course has been altered to comply with current regulations to prevent the spread of the virus.
Six meetings will be held at different venues - including the Garden House, Deborah's private house and garden, another private garden, (but meeting in the house), and one at a local Nursery. Always a maximum of four people meeting at one time plus myself, which means we can safely distance.
There will also be three Zoom meetings. Please note: you will need to have downloaded the Zoom App.
The meetings are spread out to give you time to make decisions about your design.
Cost: £285 – to include refreshments and useful handouts.
If, when you check on Eventbrite the course that you wish to attend appears full, please contact us - Y29udGFjdCB8IGdhcmRlbmhvdXNlYnJpZ2h0b24gISBjbyAhIHVr - to go on our Waiting List.
Group 1 (four people):
13 Jan / 10am to 12.30pm – meeting at Garden House
20 Jan / 10am to 11.30am – Zoom session with eight participants. Sharing ideas, with Deborah providing 1:1 support
27 Jan / 10am to 12.30pm – meeting at Deborah’s Newhaven garden
03 Feb / 10am to 11.30am - Zoom session with eight participants. Catching up on what we’ve learnt so far
10 Feb / 10am to 12.30pm – meeting up at Garden House
24 Feb / 10am to 12.30pm - meeting at Private garden, Hove
03 March / 10am to 11.30am - Zoom session. Catching up on what we’ve learnt so far
10 March / 10am to 12.30pm - meeting at the Garden House
24 March / 10am to 12.30 – meeting at a local Nursery with space to sit and share ideas
Tickets for Design Your Own Garden: 9-session course can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|General Admission||GBP 285|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events