Yin is becoming increasingly popular in the yoga world, as we are currently over dominate in Yang (dynamic/strong) yoga practice, and are realizing the need for its complementary Yin (slow/gentle) practice, and all the healing benefits Yin has to offer. Our Yin course will cover a variety of flows, understanding of fascia and its relationship to the Chinese medicine meridian system.
About your tutor:
Louise Windsor, your Yoga tutor, has been teaching yoga since 2012. Yin is her passion, she teaches a weekly Yin class and monthly 3 hour Yin workshops at Revitalise. Her Yin teacher is Norman Blair, she has completed his Advanced Yin Teacher Training, attended numerous workshops with him and with US teacher Sarah Powers. She loves to continue learning for her own practice and to benefit her students. Louise is an Chartered Level 2 teacher with Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK), which means she has taught over 3000 hours and is a continuing education provider.
The course will cover:
- Planning and teaching a variety of Yin Flows
- Understanding of the body’s fascia
- How to lesson plan a Yin yoga class
- Learn the fundamental Yin postures, modifications and their contra-indications
- Introduction to the Chinese meridian system
- How to lesson plan a Yin yoga class focusing on different Meridians
- The use of props to maximise comfort and relaxation of muscles and fascia
- Restorative poses, breathing, mindfulness and relaxation
Certification and Accreditation:
- It gives Yoga Alliance registered teachers 30 CPD hours
- You will receive a certificate from Harmonise Training Academy, Yoga Alliance registered, upon successful completion of this course
200 hr Yoga teacher training or equivalent
L3 YMCA awards fitness qualification – Yoga
If you do not have a teaching certifcate you can still do the course to deepen your knowledge of Yin Yoga and receive a certifcate of attendance. You will not be able to teach it though until you have taken your YTT, we can swap your certifcate if you go on to take a YTT course within 3 years.
£528 inc VAT ( £480 inc VAT early bird for first 6 sign ups)
Revitalise Brighton, 123a Western Rd, Hove, BN3 1DB
For more info and to book please contact Louise; bG91aXNlIHwgY3JlYXRleW91cnNlbGYgISBjbyAhIHVr