Immanuel Church Southbourne, BH6 3 Bournemouth, UK, Bournemouth, United Kingdom
The Big Swish, Sat 27th February 2021
Why shop when you can swap?
We all have clothes that are lurking unworn in our wardrobes - bring them to the Big Swish, and let other people fall in love with them and give them a good home.
Browse the rails and choose yourself a new outfit in exchange.
Rules of the rails!
- Each person must bring at least one good quality item of clothing or shoes in a good and clean condition to be allowed to take something from the event
- Items will be swished item for item (1 item = 1 token)
- A maximum of 10 items can be taken from the event per person (it is the Swisher’s choice if they wish to bring more)
- ITEMS MUST BE IN GOOD CONDITION. Something that has shrunk, is stained or needs repairing (e.g. missing buttons, broken zips, loose sequins or beading, rips, tears, fabric pulls or holes, bobbly bits, disintegrating seams or hems, lint or fluff) will NOT be accepted
- Sorry NO nightwear, swimwear, underwear, socks, babywear or school uniform
- No item may be claimed before the swish opens.
More details will follow in response to government guidelines regarding the coronavirus pandemic.
Thank you to the local organisations supporting this event:
- Visit Haberdasherdoo on Southbourne Hightstreet to pick up everything you need to upcycle your clothes, and pick up ideas for using clothes and fabric at the end of its life.
- Southbourne Dry Cleaning in Carberry Parade will help with any mending or taking in/up/out for your new clothes, as well as dry cleaning or course!
- Food on the Loose on Pokesdown Hill is your one-stop food shop for reducing your impact on the planet as a conscious consumer - take your own containers, and remember a jar for their peanut butter machine!
- Sobo Wastebusters is a wonderful organisation helping our local community to live more sustainably. Find out how to get involved as a volunteer, or what you can recycle where.
- Mailboxes Etc in Bournemouth Triangle have generously donated all the posters and leaflets for this event, beautifully produced as always - thank you!
- Immanuel Church in Southbourne is our host - you couldn't wish for a more welcoming and supportive venue.
All the money raised at this event goes to The Yak Pack Theatre Project, to share the joy and drama of story-telling with children living in the remote Himalayas. Thank you!
Read more: www.YakPack.wixsite.com/YakPack
"Swishing is for everyone who wants to combine glamour, environmental protection and frugality."
Lucy Shea, founder of Swishing
“The latest craze sweeping the country is ethical, eco-fabulous, social and fun. Welcome to the future of fashion."
Jess Cartner-Morley, Marie Claire
About The Host: The Yak Pack Theatre Project will bring touring story-telling and theatre to the schools and communities of the Spiti Valley in Himachal Pradesh, India.
Website Link: https://yakpack.wixsite.com/yakpack
Nearby HotelsImmanuel Church Southbourne, BH6 3 Bournemouth, UK, Bournemouth, United Kingdom