Workshop: Essential Skills for an Effective Communicator in 2019 BIRMINGHAM
Workshop: Essential Skills for an Effective Communicator in 2019
In a changing world, you need the latest skills and insight to shape your effective comms.This is your handy root-and-branch catch-up to be an effective communicator in 2019 based on the award-wnning Dan Slee’s 20 years of experience working for and with the media and 10 years with social media.
- Each member of a community likes 16 different Facebook groups and pages (source: exclusive research).
- Smartphone penetration is predicted to top 92 per cent by 2022 (source: Google).
- A local newspaper’s digital audience can today now reach 40 times their print readership. (source: Reach plc).
- 51 per cent of over 55s own a smartphone.
I’m proud to offer a workshop to give you the strategic and tactical skills you need to be a communicator in 2019. All in a day.
What will you learn?
A whole range of skills, including:
- Up-to-date data on how you can reach different age groups by targeting the digital and offline channels they prefer.
- Cutting-edge tips to stay the right side of the algorithm to reach your publics.
- Understand how newspapers have evolved into media companies with an online audience 40 times bigger than their print readership and what content they’re hungry for.
- EXCLUSIVE RESEARCH on how Facebook groups dominate UK communities and how you can best connect with them.
- How timing your content is all and how to best do it on a budget.
- How to comms planning to mix digital and offline channels to best reach your audience.
- EXCLUSIVE comms planning template and deck of cards.
- A PRACTICAL guide to the best road-tested apps to help you in 2019.
- How Artificial Intelligence is on the horizon and what means for you.
Who is this for?
Everyone whose job includes communications, PR, marketing, web and social media at all levels of seniority. It’ll also be useful for frontline people who use social media.
What experience do you need?
This gives an oversight if you are just starting off in communications and offers something for people looking to keep up-to-speed.
What kit do you need?
An android or ios smartphone made after 2013. Windows or blackberries won't make the grade, we're afraid. They can be your workphone or your own device.
Who will offer the training?
Dan Slee is a former journalist and held a senior position in public sector comms across a 24-year career. He co-founded comms2point0, the annual commscamp event and is a former editorial board member of The Guardian’s Public Leaders Network.
Who have I trained?
I’ve worked in digital communications for 10 years and have gone on to work with and train Clients include Dublin City Council, University of Edinburgh, Food Standards Agency, Cynnal Cymru, North Devon Council, McDonalds plc, Eon plc, Sandwell & West Birmingham NHS Trust and Hampshire Police.
Feedback about the workshop
The session has been given an overall rating of 9.2 out of 10 by previous attendees.
Two ways to book
The standard attendee cost is £195 + VAT.
1. Book through eventbrite using a credit card. Hang fire before you book your travel and transport. We'll confirm attendance by email. There's a small booking fee for this.
2. We'll send you a traditional invoice. You can pay through BACS transfer and PO number route. Or you can settle it with a credit card through the link. Drop us a line by email to ZGFuIHwgY29tbXMycG9pbnQwICEgY28gISB1aw==. You'll dodge booking fees this way.
If the date doesn't work
If the date doesn’t work for you drop me a line and we can arrange an in-house session. By email: ZGFuIHwgY29tbXMycG9pbnQwICEgY28gISB1aw== or by Twitter: @danslee. Easy.
Liked this event? Spread the word :