Rise and Fall of Muslim Dynasties
CLASS TIME: 12:20-13:15
The rich heritage and matchless of history of the Islamic World has intrigued Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Beginning with the Golden Age of the Prophet (peace be upon him) until our times, the Islamic World has seen the rise and fall of some of history’s most epic rulers and civilisations.
We have structured this unit so that it provides you with a holistic overview of Islam’s history, beginning with the first caliph Sayyiduna Abu Bakr right up to the Ottoman Period and into the modern age.
You will be introduced to key figures and dynasties along with their contributions to the world. It’s an intriguing tale of piety, politics, deceit, heroes, and villains which will take you across Arabia, India, North Africa, and Europe.
What will I learn?
You will learn about the:
• Rashidun Caliphate: God’s Law on Earth
• Omayyad Dynasty: Conquests and Captives
• Abbasid Dynasty: Knowledge, Wisdom, and Bloodshed
• Andalusian State: The Mediterranean Jewel
• Mameluke Dynasty: The Slave Kings
• Ayyubid Dynasty: Liberating Palestine
• Moghul Empire: At the Heart of India
• Ottoman Empire: The Gunpowder Nation
What will I achieve?
By the end of this unit, you should be able to:
• Chart the expansion of various Islamic dynasties across 1300 years.
• Analyse the impacts of Islam’s history on the current state of Muslims.
• Evaluate the nature of significant events, like the Crusades, from Muslim and Western sources.
• Identify the social, scientific, cultural, technological, and academic contributions of Muslim scholars from across 1300 years.
You may also like the following events from ISNAD: