ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager
This intensive accredited 5-day course is ideal for software testing professionals who are looking to take a more senior role. With plenty of practical exercises to reinforce a solid theoretical basis, it will help you to build on the knowledge and skills of Foundation Level and develop advanced skills to manage a test team and successfully deliver a software testing project.
This five-day course follows the ISTQB® Advanced Level Test Manager syllabus (which can be downloaded free of charge from the ISTQB® website). It will be held in English.
Contents of days:
- Testing Process (Test Planning, Monitoring and Control; Test Analysis & Design; Test Implementation & Execution; Evaluating Exit Criteria & Reporting, and Test Closure Activities)
- Test Management in Context (Understanding Testing Stakeholders; Lifecycle Activities and Work Products; Alignment of Test Activities with Other Lifecycle Activities; Managing Non-Functional Testing; Managing Experience-Based Testing)
- Risk-Based Testing and Other Approaches (Risk-Based Testing Techniques; Other Techniques for Test Selection; Test Prioritization and Effort Allocation in the Test Process)
- Test Documentation and Other Work Products (Test Policy; Test Strategy; Master Test Plan; Level Test Plan; Project Risk Management)
- Test Estimation
- Defining and Using Test Metrics
- Business Value of Testing
- Distributed, Outsourced and Insourced Testing
- Managing the Application of Industry Standards
- Management of Reviews and Audits
- Defect Management (the Defect Lifecycle and the Software Development Lifecycle; Defect Report Information; Assessing Process Capability with Defect Reporting Information; revision period)
- Improving the Testing Process (the general Test Improvement Process; Improving the Testing Process with TMMi; Improving the Testing Process with TPI Next; Improving the Testing Process with CTP; Improving the Testing Process with STEP)
- Test Tools and Automation (Tool Selection; Tool Lifecycle; Tool Metrics)
- People Skills - Team Composition (Individual Skills; Test Team Dynamics; Fitting Testing Within an Organisation; Motivation; Communication)
All courses start at 9:00 and finish at 18:00, except for the last day which will finish at around 16:00. There will be a 1-hour lunch break, and short breaks for refreshment at regular intervals.
You may also like the following events from tesena: