Berkeley Melee Arcadian 2019
Our first Melee event of the Spring 2019 semester! The Berkeley Arcadian returns this Saturday (Feb 16) at the Cal Esports Community Center. At this tournament, all ranked players will be barred from entering, meaning any unranked players have a great chance to show their skill and prove why they're the next ones to join the ranks of Berkeley legends such as Wavebringer, Groovy Green Hat, and Cleps.
We will also be having a doubles tournament without entry restrictions, as well as a fun little side event to wrap up the evening if time allows (more details in the description).
Melee Arcadian eligibility rules:
- May not have been on a regional PR (Berkeley, NorCal, etc.)
- Must not have any NorCal PR wins (Berkeley PR wins OK) or top 100 wins
- Players from out of Berkeley are eligible as long as they follow the above guidelines
- TOs reserve the right to accept or deny players at their discretion
3:30: Doors open, registration opens
4:30: Melee Doubles starts
5:30: Melee Singles starts
8:30: Side event starts (time subject to change)
10:00: Doors close
Side event notes:
Mr. Saturn’s Wild Ride (MSWR), brought to you by Smash at Berkeley!
- One character is chosen that must be played by everyone for the tournament
- Best of 3, Single elimination tournament
- Timer is set to 5 minutes. If the game goes to time, winner is determined by Sudden Death.
- All stages legal (no bans). Random stage is chosen each game.
- $1 buy-in, 1st place takes all.
- The winner of the tournament chooses the character to be used for the following MSWR.
The character for 2/6/19 is Ice Climbers. Wobbling is legal.
A few things of note:
- No food is allowed inside the facility.
- We will not allow registration past the cutoff time.
For parking, street parking is metered from 9 AM to 6 PM Monday-Saturday at $1.50 per hour. There is also a parking structure across the street from Foothill at $2 an hour
INFO FOR TOURNAMENTS
Location: The Cal Esports Community Center
2700 Hearst Avenue, Berkeley CA 94720
Entry Fee: $5 per event (may not apply to side events)
Venue fee can be waived in one of three ways:
1) Be a UC Berkeley student (show ID)
2) Bring a full setup (system+game+CRT)
3) PlusOne Program (first SAB event for you or a friend)
- If there are 5 or less players/teams for singles/doubles, only 1st place gets 100% payout.
- If there are 6-10 players/teams for singles/doubles, a top 2 payout of 70/30 will be issued to 1st and 2nd places respectively.
- If there are 11-31 players/teams for singles/doubles, a top 3 payout of 50/30/20 will be issued to 1st through 3rd places respectively.
- If there are 32-63 players/teams for singles/doubles, a top 4 payout of 45/27.5/17.5/10 will be issued to 1st through 4th places respectively.
- If there are 64-127 players/teams for singles/doubles, a top 6 payout of 40/25/15/10/(5x2) will be issued to 1st through 5th places respectively.
- If there are 128 or more players/teams for singles/doubles, a top 8 payout of 40/20/15/10/(5x2)/(2.5x2) will be issued to 1st through 7th places respectively.