VAT for NPOs - Half-day CPD Workshop
There is a common misconception that because NGO's are exempt from Income Tax, they automatically exempt from VAT.
The reality is, NGO's are not VAT exempt and there are many benefits to being VAT Registered.
This half-day workshop explains these benefits and provides practical assistance with all issues surrounding VAT and NGO's.
The advantage of enhancing your organisation's cash flow by legally claiming VAT refunds from SARS is also explained.
Additional VAT issues will also be covered for such entities already VAT registered:
• Are donations subject to VAT?
• Does the issuing of a S18A receipt, affect VAT in any way?
• Are you entitled to claim all your input tax?
• Are you allowed to back-claim VAT for the period before you were VAT registered?
During this workshop, the following topics will also be discussed:
• The myth that NGO's are VAT exempt.
• Why you should Register your NGO for VAT.
• Back claiming of VAT.
• Donations and when they are subject to VAT.
• Claiming VAT (input tax) - what can and cannot be claimed.
• Supporting documents.
• VAT returns and refunds.
• Audits and disputes.
This workshop counts for 3 CPD points.
Event organiser: Chantal van Schalkwyk on 021 402 4300 or email Y2hhbnRhbCB8IGNhcGVjaGFtYmVyICEgY28gISB6YQ==
Speaker profile: Dee Bezuidenhout, Biz Facility
Please note that booking via our website or phone call is essential. Marking this event as 'going' does not mean you have booked.
You may also like the following events from Cape Chamber of Commerce and Industry:
- This Friday, 19th July, 08:00 am, Tygerberg Chapter Networking Breakfast in Durbanville
- Next Tuesday, 23rd July, 08:30 am, Warehouse, Storage & Distribution - Workshop in Cape Town
- Next Wednesday, 24th July, 03:00 pm, 67 minutes for charity Business Networking in the Helderberg in Nomzano