Birth Debrief & Supporting Trauma Workshop (June 2019)
Birth Debrief: Why it can hinder and alternative ways of supporting trauma.
Presented by the inimitable Mark Harris, author of “Men, Love and Birth".
This workshop is open to all professions who find themselves with couples who have been upset by birth, and who are looking for ways to help people move through the distress.
What you can expect from the day:
• Exploration of why research suggests that debrief can do more harm than good.
• What actually happens during trauma, and how can debriefing both help and harm?
• How to make debriefing effective and therapeutic.
• Focusing on language and communication to enhance natural healing.
• Practical techniques for supporting people who have been distressed by their births, drawing from NLP and psychology.
You may also like the following events from ALC Events: