Got brain fog, lack of concentration, laziness, fatigue, back and neck pain?
YARAQA proposes a creative movement workshop, MOVE IT, to help anyone interested in relieving mental fatigue, releasing physical tension, enhancing concentration and executive function during his/her workday.
The first workshop is led by NIKITA SHABAZI who chose to tackle these issues through a series of mindfulness techniques & free flowing movement exercises as opposed to repetitive memorized fitness exercises. Mindful and creative movement constantly engages and refreshes both mind and body, as well as generates new ways of thinking, communicating, and coping with daily challenges. Mindfulness (MSBR) has been even recognized as an anti-stress program worldwide and has been growing part of mainstream medicine.
You’ll leave having learned a set of energizing exercises that can be integrated into your workday.
The whole workshop is divided into 4 sessions, 1 session per week for 1 month. Attendance to all 4 sessions is highly advised to benefit the most from:
• Release & energize through breathing and grounding techniques.
• Develop your lateral thinking through creative movement techniques.
• Break out of patterns through guided explorations of visualisation and mindful
• Days: Every Thursday from April 26th till May 17th, 2018 | 6:45 - 8:00pm
• Level: No Previous experience in any form of movement is required.
• What to wear: Comfortable sweat pants or shorts, a long sleeve shirt, a t-shirt, socks.
• Fees: $70 for 4 sessions, $20 for 1 session.
• Payment link: https://www.ihjoz.com/events/1583-workshop-move-it
• Reservation deadline: Places are limited. For the full pass, register before Tuesday April 24, 2018.
• Assistance in booking: contact iHjoz team on 01-752 752
• Questions and inquiries: contact Yaraqa team on Y29udGFjdCB8IHlhcmFxYSAhIGNvbQ==
or 03-884 160 or 03 197 002
ABOUT TRAINER: NIKITA:
Nikita Shahbazi is a somatic dancer and dance teacher. Dance has been a part of her life since she was 18 years old. She earned her Mindfulness (MBSR) and Mindfulness and Self-Compassion (MSC) Trainer Certificate at the Center for Mindfulness in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) and has complementary training in emotional mindfulness. She is the Founder of IMOVE Foundation and the 5Rhythms Lebanon.
ABOUT ORGANIZER: YARAQA:
YARAQA believes that dance and movement can serve the community as more than just a performance art. In being open to new settings and new ways of working, YARAQA accelerates and explores the application of dance at the crossroad of disciplines, spaces, and publics. It does so by designing and facilitating creative dance/movement-led experiences for individuals, organizations, and companies, placing the dance/movement artists at the heart of the work and focusing on new modalities for professional collaboration.