Enjoy a 4 hour guided loop hike (8.5 km) in Lebanon’s largest biosphere reserve and discover the magnificence of its many cedar, pine and oak trees. Our hike will start at the Maasser el-Shouf entrance from where we will follow the hiking trail toward the end of the Barouk forest, mostly under the shade of cedar trees and providing some great views over the entire Shouf region. We'll hike our way back through another part of the Maasser el-Shouf reserve, from where you have great views on the western part of the Beqaa Valley and its beautiful lake Qaraoun. On your way, you will have a picnic break during which you will relish a freshly prepared lunch bag full of home-made pleasures.
PRICE: 42 USD per person
Guided Hike (moderate, level 5)*
* To check if you fit the hiking level, see www.living-lebanon.com/hiking-levels.html
Please complete our Online Registration Form: bit.ly/2EdrbPV
* After registration, we are happy to secure your spot until the payment deadline (see below).
1) Cash payment @ Saifi Urban Gardens, Gemmayzeh (Weekdays: 8am - midnight / weekends: 8am-4pm).
2) Cash payment @ Hamra Urban Gardens, Hamra (Daily from 8am - midnight).
3) Cash payment @ Cafe Mezyan, Hamra (11am - 5pm, ask for Mounir)
4) Cash @ any OMT via a Western Union money to the attention of Rima El Hakim, Beirut, Lebanon - Please note that you need your passport to make this transfer and that a payment fee will be charged by Western Union (3 USD when in Lebanon).
5) Other (please contact us for the options: dG91cnMgfCBsaXZpbmctbGViYW5vbiAhIGNvbQ==
Deadline: Within one week after registration, latest Saturday 28 April, noon
Meeting point: Saifi Urban Gardens (Em Nazih), Gemmayzeh
Meeting time: 8:30 am (bus leaves at 8:45 am)
What to get: Water (1 lt), comfortable (hiking) shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses
QUESTIONS OR CONTACT
P: +961 (0)3 664 673 (via Whatsapp)
*** Participants that pay before Monday 23 April will get a Living Lebanon Guidebook for free :-)
We are looking forward to meeting you!
For the tour to go ahead, we need a minimum of 12 participants (maximum 28 persons).
On this tour, our terms and conditions are applicable, see http://www.living-lebanon.com/tours-terms-and-conditions.html