Fashion Design Workshop with Nathalie Karam
Courses are designed to introduce students to the basics of fashion design and all the skills necessary to become a fashion designer in the modern society.
A fashion career is a two-thirds artist and one- third business. Colors, illustrations, fabrics, and creativity are all skills a fashion designer must learn to put a collection together.
You will be introduced to the theory of the pattern making, “moulage” and draping besides the business facets of this industry like Public relation, marketing, and social media, in order to understand more the many cores of the fashion business.
- Learn about fashion history.
- Understand and develop the use and application of design
elements like lines, shapes, textures, and colors to form a good
- Develop and understand the “Human figure” with various
styles _depending on each one’s identity_, which is known as -
- Create “Mood boards” and apply them during the creation
- Learn about the two major categories of fiber-natural and
manmade, and understand the difference between fibers,
yarns, and fabrics.
- Intro to printing techniques, embroidery, creative fabrics, and
- Acquire knowledge of the types of garments machinery used
for stitching and produce any kind of garments.
- Understand the nature of the fashion business: marketing,
public relation, types of fashion(Haute Couture, ready to wear
and mass market).
- Last but not least, the influence of Social Media.
Liked this event? Spread the word :