Free Specified Investment Product (SIP) Course
Topic: Free Specified Investment Product (SIP) Course
Speaker: Mr. Wong Kon How – Trainer, SGX Academy
Date: 8 June 2019, Saturday
Time: 10.00am – 12.00pm
Venue: Phillip Investor Centre, Marine Parade
Have you ever wanted to trade ETFs/Structured Warrants/DLCs but have not passed Customer Account Review (CAR) or having an expired CAR?
Join us for free SIP training courses brought to you by SGX Academy trainers. The trainers will walk you through the SGX SIP Online Educational Module during the course. If you pass the module during the course, you will receive S$20 Shopping mall voucher upon certificate submission on the spot! Don’t miss this opportunity to get your SIP module passed!
Prerequisite for the seminar participants:
- This seminar is meant for customers who are non-SIP exempted or non-SIP qualified
- Bring along your mobile phones, iPad or tablets with 3G/4G access in order to do the module during the session
- Create your account for the module before attending the session via the following link or bring user ID and password if you have taken SGX SIP Online Test previously.
Availability for this seminar is on a first-come-first-served basis. For enquiries, please contact us at 6812 1577 or email to cGljdGsgfCBwaGlsbGlwICEgY29tICEgc2c=
Mr. Wong Kon How – Trainer, SGX Academy
Kon How has more than 20 years of trading experience in the finance industry. He is managing his own fund and he founded Weipedia Private Limited. He specializes in the study of behavioural finance or the market psychology and he is an investment strategist. He is also an expert in risk management.
He conducts workshops for industry practitioners, fund managers, private bankers, propriety traders, dealers and retail investors. His clients and participants include securities and derivatives exchanges, regulators, investment banks, institutions and brokers. His delivery has gained good reviews and testimonies from partners and clients. He also conducts training sessions for Trading Representatives as part of their Continuous Education Program in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
He studied Engineering but was passionate about investment and trading. This led him to pursue after the financial market after his graduation. He started off as an apprentice in SiMEX and a floor runner in 1995. Since then he had been a floor trader, financial dealer and an active practitioner in the Securities and Derivatives market.
1. What are SIPs?
Specified Investment Products are products that have structures, features and risks that may be more complex in nature. The current list of Specified Investment Products includes:
- Certain Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)/ Exchange Traded Notes (ETNs)
- Structured Warrants
- Daily Leverage Certificates (DLC)
- Callable Bull/ Bear Contracts (CBBCs) (Not available on SGX yet)
Specified Investment Products listed on SGX derivatives market include:
Unlisted products include:
1. Contracts for Differences (CFDs)
2. Foreign Exchange Margin Trading
3. Structured Deposits and Dual Currency Investments
4. Structured Products
5. Unit Trusts and Investment-linked Insurance Policies
2. Why do I need to pass SIP?
If you do not have the relevant knowledge or experience to understand the risks of SIPs, you need to take SGX SIP Online Educational Module.
3. After passing SIP, what do I need to do?
Please submit Customer Account Review (CAR) & Customer Knowledge Assessment (CKA) form physically or via POEMS upon certificate submission. Your status will be updated and able to trade Listed SIP products (indicated as @ in POEMS).
4. How do I know if I am exempted or I have already submitted CAR form?
Please contact your trading representative or call and email us at 65311555 and dGFsa3RvcGhpbGxpcCB8IHBoaWxsaXAgISBjb20gISBzZw== respectively.