Dilemmas and Emergencies in Palliative Care
This study day will look at the knowledge needed to understand how ethical principles guide decision-making in palliative care, and its effect when responding to emergencies.
To have a working knowledge of:
• Practical clinical ethics - the principles underpinning good practice
• How ethics can guide symptom management - using pain as an example
• Mental capacity – decision-making models for patients who lack decision specific capacity
• Dilemmas in urgent palliative care situations
• Errors in clinical decision-making
• GMC guidance on hydration and artificial feeding at the end of life
Entry requirements: Suitable for registered healthcare professionals.
Time: Registration from 9.15 am. Course runs 9.30 am – 4 pm
Booking terms and conditions can be found on our website, please familiarise yourselves with these before reserving your place on this Study Day.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions? Email: ZWR1Y2F0aW9uIHwgbm9ydGhkZXZvbmhvc3BpY2UgISBvcmcgISB1aw==
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? No
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends? Yes
What if I want to cancel? If you wish to cancel your booking you will need to give 5 working days notice, as per our booking terms and conditions. Failure to give 5 working days notice or non-attendance will incur a £50 fee per person to cover administration costs, unfortunately as we are a charity this fee is non-negotiable.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable? You can transfer your ticket to another person or to another event, please see full terms and conditions on our website.
You may also like the following events from North Devon Hospice: