Mental Health First Aid at Work
Dates: 16-17th October
Location: Hornchurch or Romford
Lunch and materials included
Adult Mental Health First Aid
2 Day Course
This course qualifies attendies as mental health first aiders. It teaches a deeper understanding of what mental health is and how it impacts our well-being.
Who Should Attend
Businesses who would like key members of their teams ti have the necessary skills to engage in a non-jugemental conversation and to recognize the signs and symptoms of common workplace mental health issues.
What you will Learn
• Why Mental Health First Aid?
• Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
• What is depression?
• Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
• What is mental health?
• Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
• Impact of mental health issues
• Cognitive distortions and cognitive behavioural therapy
• Stigma and discrimination
• Personality disorders
• The Mental Health First Aid action plan
• Eating disorders
• Symptoms of depression
• Risk factors for depression
• What is psychosis?
• Depression in the workplace
• Risk factors for psychosis
• Suicide figures
• Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
• Alcohol, drugs and mental health
• First aid to assist a suicidal crisis
• Treatment and resources for psychosis
• Non-judgemental listening skills
• Bipolar disorder
• First aid for depression
• Warning signs of developing psychosis
• Treatment and resources for depression
• Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
• Recovery and building resources
• What is an anxiety disorder?
• Action planning for using MHFA
• First aid for anxiety disorders
Also check out other Health & Wellness Events in Barking.
Liked this event? Spread the word :