Night trek to the highest peak in Maharashtra
Towering at height of 5400ft., Kalsubai is recognized as the highest peak of Maharashtra. The ascend to the peak is a relatively easy 3 hour journey which is a test stamina and not mountaineering skills. The top gives you an absoutely stunning and uninterrupted view of the surrounding with excellent views of all the surrounding forts. The peak has a temple at the top and many people trek to visit this temple.
So are you ready to climb the Everest of Maharashtra??
Difficulty – Moderate
Height – 5400 ft.
Base Village – Bari
• 20:50 hrs – Board the Kasara Local starting from CSMT at 8.50 pm from your respective stations
• 23:10 hrs – Meet the team at Kasara station ticket counter, we will leave for the base village in our private vehicle
• 01:00 hrs – Reach Bari, freshen up and start preparing for the trek ahead
• 01:30 hrs – Start the trek through the darkness for the Kalsubai peak, it will be a long journey and we will take a few halts enroute the peak
• 06:00 hrs – We reach the the temlple in the time for the sunrise from the highest point in Maharashtra, it is truly a moment to remember
• 07:30 hrs – Start our return journey to the base village Bari
• 10:00 hrs – Reach Bari and have a scrumptious breakfast.
• 11:00 hrs – Leave for Kasara station in our private transfer vehicles
• 12:00 hrs – Reach the station and bid good byes to your trek buddies with a promise to meet again.
• 20:50 hrs CST
• 21:05 hrs Dadar
• 21:12 hrs Kurla
• 21:16 hrs Ghatkopar
• 21:32 hrs Thane
• 21:44 hrs Dombivali
• 21:54 hrs Kalyan
• 23:05 hrs Kasara
You can catch the train from your respective stations.
If you miss the train you miss the trek!
• Kasara to Kasara Private Transport
• Breakfast & refreshment kit
• Expertise and Guide charges
• First Aid Certified Co-ordinators
• Local Guidance
• Wash Room & Changing room facility
• Anything other than the above-mentioned things
Things to Carry:
• Identity Proof
• Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
• Torch with extra batteries (Mandatory)
• Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
• Cap, Camera
• Good Trekking shoes
• Wind cheater
• Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
• Haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
• It is trekking activity and not a leisure trip so one needs to prepare themselves accordingly
• Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
• Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery
• A planned activity or programs may be cancelled or revised depending on the weather or any other unavoidable circumstances
You may also like the following events from Wandering Souls: