SUP Yoga YTT BCN September 2019 with Mary S. Stults
September 19th - 22nd, 2019
This summer take your practice and community to the water and opt ON BOARD!
Together we'll elevate our practice to a fluid level and explore all of the beauty stand up paddleboarding and mother nature and SUP yoga have to offer.
Limited to 15 spots only.
Applications close August 16th.
ABOUT Mary Susan Stults
Join float & flow owner, glide sup athlete, paddle into fitness ambassador, wpa certified, and 500+ e-ryt mary susan stults this October and spend 4 fun-filled days on the water. together we will explore and learn how to teach stand up paddleboarding and sup yoga in a supportive, sustainable, comprehensive, and thorough training. (@marysusanstults)
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
• Spend 3 days fine-tuning your knowledge and sup skills, crafting and revealing your style and voice
• Learn the basics and complexities of SUP including stroke technique, turns, safety on the water,
• Gain extensive knowledge and understanding of all necessary equipment including boards/paddles/pfds/anchor systems/fins/buoys/racks/etc, the business of SUP/SUP yoga
• How to teach an intro to sup lesson + workshop, and how to teach sup yoga.
• Learn to instruct a knowledgable and well-rounded beginner or into to SUPlesson
• Learn to instruct a knowledgeable and supportive beginner/intermediate/advanced sup yoga class/workshop
• In-depth water safety instruction with enacted scenarios as well as coverage of water laws and regulations
• Round robin teaching clinics with fellow attendees to concrete and explore teaching within a safe, joyful, stress-free environment
• Business of sup + sup yoga with Mary & Des (Marketing expert)
weekend training schedule
8:00am - 5:00pm thursday, friday, saturday, sunday
optional + complimentary friday night paddle
1-hour lunch break is given each day from roughly 12-1pm
• 4 fun-filled days on the water
• special! a complimentary ticket & sup board to our friday paddle on Frida!
• 40-hour comprehensive training
• float & float yoga & sup certificate
• float & flow training manual
• receive two advanced stroke instruction + turns technique clinics from professional sup athlete/s and industry leader/s
• 3 float & flow class sequences + 1 sup class/workshop sequence
• opportunity to assist and observe 1-2 live sup yoga classes during the training weekend
• local honey design reversible 4-in-1 bikini from local honey designs out of California
• receive 25 continuing education hours with yoga alliance
• continued post-training support from mary susan stults
• listing on float & flow's preferred partners + community directory
• opportunity to shadow and assist mary susan stults at future SUP yoga
• classes or workshops that she teaches to gain experience and more comfort with teaching
• float & flow goody bag from float & flow yoga & sup & sponsors!
• as a float & flow yoga & sup ambassador you will receive discounts on apparel, local honey designs swimwear, glide sup boards, and accessories.
Early bird special of $300 off ($849 total) if booked by June 1st
Early bird special of $200 off ($949 total) if booked by July 1st
Final pricing of $1149 August 1st and on
$345 USD is due at the time of application submission. The $300 USD portion is non-refundable once you have been accepted. The $45 USD portion remains non-refundable, as it is the administrative processing fee.
You may pay the full amount upon registration, if possible. If you choose to only pay the minimum deposit at the time of application submission, the remaining balance is due no later than 30-45 days prior to the training dependent upon the location.
You will receive instructions to complete your payment once you have been accepted. In the case that they are not accepted their deposit or payment would be returned less the $45 processing fee.
*Register by May 1st and save $100USD on training tuition
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
As each training is different and there is not one guidebook or training that is honestly one-size-fits-all, this training may not be for everyone. We will carefully review every submission and application over two weeks to confirm accepted trainees. Acceptance into the training will be released via email within two weeks. The $45 processsing fee remains non-refundable and non-transferable for all applicants. Payment instructions and due dates for remaining payments due will follow. You can choose to pay in full or pay the deposit.
200-Hour RYT from a recognized Yoga Alliance Teacher Training, CPR, and First Aid Certification (CPR and First Aid are required after completion of course if you plan on teaching under the WPA - World Paddle Association). If you have not completed a 200-Hour YTT then it is necessary that you are either in the process of completing a training, or are registered to attend a training within the year.
*All applicants must be proficient swimmers and comfortable with water sports and being on the water. It is recommended and beneficial that you have some prior experience on a Stand Up Paddleboard. If you are planning on using this training to teach others, it is recommended that you have been teaching yoga for at least a year.
Expect to leave this training and immersion weekend with a lifelong network, community, and kula, connection with like-minded change-makers around the world, and the knowledge, experience, and confidence to safely and knowledgeably teach, guide, and inspire on the water.
You may also like the following events from Shanti Vida: